Menu

Is this the result of homeschooling or just natural geekiness?

So, yesterday, my sons were having some kind of weird conversation, and I asked them what they were talking about. Ds1 says, "Oh, we're just doing a parody of one of our Star Wars graphic novels."

Then, later in the day, I'm doing dishes, and he yells to me, "Hey, Mom, is it okay if I use the Science Encyclopedia?"

I'm wondering if I had left them in school if they'd still be doing these types of things? I mean, dh and I are both pretty nerdy, so it could just be genetic. :D

:iagree:I think that natural tendencies are allowed to manifest in a deeper way without a ton of peer pressure.

:iagree::iagree:Yes, yes, yes! For me this is one of the deepest beauties of homeschooling, though I don't have any boys running flying around the house in X-wings at the moment. ;)

So, yesterday, my sons were having some kind of weird conversation, and I asked them what they were talking about. Ds1 says, "Oh, we're just doing a parody of one of our Star Wars graphic novels."

Then, later in the day, I'm doing dishes, and he yells to me, "Hey, Mom, is it okay if I use the Science Encyclopedia?"

I'm wondering if I had left them in school if they'd still be doing these types of things? I mean, dh and I are both pretty nerdy, so it could just be genetic. :D

Sounds like my kind of people.

Sounds like my kind of people.

:iagree:

In our house, ds is crazy over parodies of Super Mario Bros Z. It parodies Mario & DBZ. He and his friend act out the scenes over and over again. And they are in high school. :001_huh: Yup. Genetic. But I love my geeky family.

Natural geekiness gets my vote. And because you homeschool, no one can bully them into stopping or just general misery:D.

:iagree: Said by a mom who has two geeky Star Wars, demi-God loving, Lego building freaks in her house! :D