Menu

Severe stomach reaction to bananas! (allergic!) what to do?

i am sick, sick, sick....

it's been almost 6 yrs since i've eaten a banana-until yesterday(was fine), then again today and....became VERY sick to my stomach. can't stand up, can't eat, sweats, nauseous,severe stomach pain, etc...

do i take benedryl? or just let time pass??

i am SOOOO stupid!!!!!!!!!

I would take Benedryl, if you aren't solely responsible for little children and don't have to drive anywhere.

So sorry. I hope it passes quickly for you.

Incidentally, there is a pretty awful stomach bug going around....could it be that, since you didn't react to the first banana?

:grouphug: That sounds extremely miserable. :grouphug:

We just had a stomach bug. Are you sure the banana isn't coincidental? That's a pretty severe gastro reaction for an allergy. At any rate, banana is related to things like avocado and latex if it is allergy.

Yikes! I've always hated bananas and never ate them..I'm talking NEVER ate them. One day about 4 years ago I was in a crunch, became very hungry and weak and shaking. I had a banana with me for the kids. So I ate it since it was the only thing I had with me. My throat began to get very itchy. I ended up going for some allergy testing a few weeks later and yep, I'm allergic to bananas.

Your reaction was very severe! I'm wondering if the banana was just coincidental?