Menu

Sonlight alternatives - need recommendations

8circles

It would be nice to have Core W IG with LA but my problem is the shipping. If I buy G & H now it can cost up to 87% shipping. Oh my I must just stick to my decision and just buy all the stuff asap...

Thanks for your reply.

From all my research they are the only ones that sell a schedule that cover SOTW in two years.

What really grinds me is every year since I started HS in 2010 they have had all these changes and then they give us tid bits of info...

This is just ridiculous. :glare: I seriously hope the price of the IGs doesn't change drastically or I may have to look elsewhere also after Core C (which we're doing next year), as I won't use SL LA.

I wonder how much the IG price will increase? It's possible that it may not be a lot because Core H has always included the LA, if I am remembering correctly, and it is only $14 more than the Core G IG, which does not include the LA.

Lisa

It would be nice to have Core W IG with LA but my problem is the shipping. If I buy G & H now it can cost up to 87% shipping. Oh my I must just stick to my decision and just buy all the stuff asap...

Thanks for your reply.

From all my research they are the only ones that sell a schedule that cover SOTW in two years.

What really grinds me is every year since I started HS in 2010 they have had all these changes and then they give us tid bits of info...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you (highly likely), but if you are only buying the Core G and H schedules for the SOTW scheduling, can't you just do that pretty easily on your own? Just divide the number of chapters by the number of weeks you want the books to last?

Lisa

Thanks for your reply.

Wow, with that kind of shipping I'm amazed you haven't moved to TOG DE for that reason alone. :001_huh:

I wonder how much the IG price will increase? It's possible that it may not be a lot because Core H has always included the LA, if I am remembering correctly, and it is only $14 more than the Core G IG, which does not include the LA.

Lisa

Weird, I was just thinking about this 5 minutes ago. I wanted to check the later cores to see the difference in IG price without LA from the core IG with LA. If that is the case, then I will stop my belly aching. ;) Now I don't have to look and need to stop stressing over things I can't control and that which is a year away! I'm such a nut sometimes.

Sigh. We JUST switched to SL in December and are LOVING it. But I am not using their LA and never plan to. I am still paying for our current SL Cores - there is no way I can buy 3 more before April in order to get what I want.:glare:

I have used TOG. I have used Biblioplan. I have used MFW. None of them gelled. Sonlight does (and for the first time in our 10 years of homeschooling, the kids are begging for more - what is up with that????). With BP and TOG, while their WEEKS may be scheduled, I still had to come up with a daily reading schedule. MFW had a daily reading schedule, but for some reason it just didn't click - not sure why.

WHY OH WHY do they have to fix what isn't broken??????

I looked into TOG and it really looks good but the prep involved really scares me.

I work from home and have limited amount for prep and being box ticker am scared that TOG would be too much.

I have thought of just buying W and do my own schedule for SOTW and add in UHE and/or KHE. I had seen a schedule somewhere where all SOTW books were listed with these two resources. Does anyone remember where a schedule like this would be.

I looked into TOG and it really looks good but the prep involved really scares me.

I work from home and have limited amount for prep and being box ticker am scared that TOG would be too much.

I have thought of just buying W and do my own schedule for SOTW and add in UHE and/or KHE. I had seen a schedule somewhere where all SOTW books were listed with these two resources. Does anyone remember where a schedule like this would be.

Here.