Menu

Teacher's Lounge 2-28-2012

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? No Idea - meals here have been sparse as none of us have felt like eating much. I might try some toast today, and maybe some rice with gravy for dinner.

Are you going anywhere today? Nope - resting and trying to get well.

Do you have any food allergies in your family? Tons and Tons. DD has massive airborne food allergies that are a big part of why we homeschool and why we don't do much activities with other homeschoolers.

Here's the full list of what she's allergic to:

Oats

Grapes

Avocado

peanuts

tree nuts

coconut

suspected allergy to chocolate {she can eat a TINY bit}

shea

and then I'm allergic to peanuts, peaches, sweet potatoes, soy in large amounts and pork {not truely allergic but it doesn't agree with me anymore}.

Edited by frugalmama

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?

Breakfast - 2 eggs, gf waffle, p.b., maple syrup, water

Lunch - a salad with protein

Dinner - I'm thinking fish tonight.

Are you going anywhere today? Not until our evening sports and time at the Y.

Do you have any food allergies in your family?

Dh is allergic to corn and dairy products.

Ds was highly allergic to everything as an infant but fortunately seems to have outgrown them.

Dd is allergic to chili peppers and eggplant.:confused: Eggplant is easy to avoid but believe it or not, chili peppers are in a lot of things!

I'm trying to figure out if I've got a gluten problem or a wheat problem or what. . .

Breakfast was about half of a home-made waffle, followed by a couple of rice cakes spread with Polaner raspberry and topped with a handful of cashews. And coffee, of course, lots of coffee.

Lunch is shaping up to be corn on the cob (left over from dinner two nights ago) and a small baked sweet potato.

I think dinner is pasta, if I get around to making the sauce and bread. I'll serve it with a simple salad.

Are you going anywhere today?

Both kids have voice lessons today. My daughter has hers are 2:00, and my son's is at 4:00. I'm going to run to the library while she's in her lesson to return a couple of books, and I hope to hit Target, too, since we're about out of shampoo. After my son's lesson, we'll have dinner, and then they both have rehearsals at different theatres tonight.

No allergies of which I'm aware. I discovered as an adult that I have some kind of dairy intolerance. It was funny, actually. I was being treated for excess acid, after going through all kinds of test that determined I didn't have an ulcer. I was veg at that point, but not vegan yet, and I was taking meds after most meals. I went vegan and didn't notice until I was cleaning out my purse months later that I hadn't needed any of the medication since I quit eating dairy. Since then, I've had problems only when I accidentally eat the stuff (like when the waiters at Chili's told me their stupid veggie burger was dairy free).

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? I forgot to eat breakfast. So I guess coffee. The kids had pancakes. Lunch will be... oh, crap, I'm out of bread. Lunch will be whatever we can find in the pantry. Dinner is in the crockpot - pot roast. I'll make some rolls to go with it.

Are you going anywhere today? Yup, it's Tuesday. We'll see if we make it to swim today; if we don't, we'll be running errands to pick up DS' glasses, HWT, flowers and mulch, and possibly new sheer curtains for various rooms in the house. Oh, and Rustoleum so I can paint the storm shelter. Oh, and I need to go to some stores and pick up boxes so I can start putting stuff in storage. And then DD has her violin lesson.

Do you have any food allergies in your family? Sort of. I'm intolerant to chicken.

Good Afternoon

Breakfast was a glass of Sunny D, a slice of wheat bread and a wedge of colby jack cheese

Lunch: not sure

Dinner: early dinner out with the kids after swim lessons

Yep, the dd and youngest son have to go to swim lessons at the Y, then we'll catch an early dinner out.

Yes, although they are a bit different

My youngest son is allergic to fish like flakey fish (haddock, cod, etc) , don't know about shellfish since we've always been afraid to try. He's also allergic to green peas (which the docs say is odd because he's not allergic to peanuts and usually they would be connected somehow) This one was a real pain when he was a baby, because almost all the jarred food "dinners" had peas in them.

I had Cinnamon Life cereal for breakfast. The kids had cereal, waffles, or pancakes (their choice) and fruit (oranges or apples). We had leftovers for lunch. I think we're going to have to grab something for dinner on our way to ds' last Cub Scout meeting. Tonight is their "Arrow of Light" ceremony.

Yes. DD14 has dance class from 4-8pm. DS has his Cub Scout pack meeting/ceremony night tonight.

No.

me: yogurt with flax and berries, pb&apples

youngest: grits with eggs, ham&cheese on gf bread, kiwi and a gf muffin

older: cereal, and hasn't decided but eating a cheese stick an banana while she thinks about it.

Dinner is twice baked potatoes and some leftover greens

youngest has to get to and from school

older went with me to the orthodontist, library, her future school, and the shoe storeThat's enough for me for one day.

:lol: Yes.

Shall I list them?

Younger has celiac and did have trouble with dairy, but is starting to be able to eat some cheese since we've found gluten to be the real problem in her life.

Older is allergic to tree nuts and should probably be tested for dairy allergy.

I'm allergic to melons, mangoes, wheat, corn, tree nuts and things that come from trees such as cinnamon plus soy. It goes nicely with my environmental allergies to flowers, trees and grass.

My mom is allergic to shellfish and artichokes.

My brother is allergic to cumin, and my sister is allergic to tomatoes, wheat, and dairy.

Breakfast: for me was a fiber drink followed by Emerald Breakfast to Go. Lunch for the 3 of us was FREE pancakes at IHOP! Then I found a little extra cash and treated our friends to a pay-for drink. Wow, is chocolate milk at a restaurant ever expensive: $2.79 for one glass! Won't be doing that again.

Dinner for me will be at a restaurant as I'm joining a friend to go to a writers group meeting. I need the motivation to get this novel done THIS year!

Going anywhere today? Well, following our pancake lunch we went out shoe shopping for the kids. We found a pair for my daughter at the FIRST store we tried! Woohoo! My son was a different story. After 5 different stores and then a final stop at REI, we finally had success! We bought him some of those "feet shoes" and they seem to be pretty comfortable for him. There is a bit of a learning curve in figuring out how to get them on, but I figure after about a week, we'll have figured out how to get them on in under 5 minutes! :^)

Food allergies? No, thankfully. I do suspect a possible mild intolerance of gluten but have not run that test yet. Personally, medically, I am allergic to sulfa, and thus, sulfites. So no sulfa meds for me and no wine (due to sulfites).