Menu

Price of King Arthur all-purpose flour?

I'm curious...

...those of you who purchase King Arthur flour, how much does it generally cost in your area?

I've just come home from Whole Foods after not shopping there for a few months and I was a bit flabbergasted to find a 5lb bag of regular KA all-purpose flour costs $6.99 and organic costs $8.99 :eek:

I usually pay around $4.60ish at a local grocery store here in NC.

I might just have to find a new brand of flour but I do so love how my baking turns out with KA brand.

Another NC resident reporting. Recently Lowes was selling KA for $4.59 but Harris Teeter had it for $3.59.

Buying KA flour is cheaper than buying good bakery bread, so I plan on continuing to use it.

Jane

(Is this the start of the Well Trained Price Book?)

The other day I was at Stop & Shop (generally pretty pricy) and they had KA all-purpose in 5-lb bags for almost $5. However, they also had 10-lb bags with a Discontinued sign for 50% off, making them $5, so I bought two. I rarely use all-purpose anymore, so this will last a long time and will be a good backup in emergencies.

Now, the cost of white whole wheat? I have no idea. Fortunately, I have 4-5 bags in my chest freezer, but we use it a lot, so that won't last us too long :(