Menu

Hubby wants an organic garden...

I just got some great suggestions, including a couple already here, on this thread (just in case not everyone reposts here, because I didn't specifically ask just for books). I have most of these already (from our library.)

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33647

Dh is out there building my--oops, our;)--garden right now. The heritage seeds are in the mail and I'm/we're so excited. (okay, I'll be doing most of the gardening because dh will be at work, and I'm the one who wants it to be organic, but dh is the one building the raised garden, and I'm sure he'll be helping out.)

I just picked up a cute book called "A Year on The Garden Path - a 52 Week Organic Gardening Guide"

But when I got home I realized it's for Vancouver (very temperate) and I'm in NW BC, (Not temperate, LOL). I"m going to have to do some work to figure out how to shift her suggestions to the right month/week, but I still think it will help.

it's colorful, easy to read and use.

The book is by Geoff Hamilton and you can look at a preview of it at Amazon.

:iagree: I second this book and I also pair it with the Square Foot Garden book (not necessarily organic, but good info about when/where/how many.