Menu

Favorite podcasts?? (special note for couch-to-5kers!)

I love the They Might Be Giants Friday Night Video podcast! My kids love watching it on Saturday mornings when they get up!

I also recently discovered (under podcasts for running) a couch to 5K program with voice prompts letting you know when to switch from running to walking. It's great! There are actually a few different ones, one of them (by Suz) had explicit music. I downloaded the ones from Robert Ullrey and DJ Steve Boyette (two different podcasts). The latter podcast *also* has a "gateway to 8k" podcast for when you are finished with your 5k program!

There are also some great 30 minute long yoga classes available on video podcast!

There's the guys from Cartalk, there are Spanish lessons, Presidential speeches, history lessons, there is something for everyone!

I know, I'm a dork. Although I've known about podcasts for a long time I've only just recently checked them out and am spreading the news.

What podcasts do you like/love/subscribe to?

eta: I think I'm going to use the "start cooking" video blog to teach my daughter's to cook!

I love Car Talk! And Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me. We also do a bunch of work out ones with beat heavy music. Some are so bad.. I feel like I'm having a heart attack. :lol:

http://www.digitalpodcast.com/

This is a huge directory of podcasts to look through. Too much to listen too, not enough time!

I know what you mean, I have over 150 podcasts downloaded. :tongue_smilie:

LizzyBee, I love Grammar Girl too! But...I'm a big nerd, it's true.

Oh! You would love this avatar I found:

grammaravatar.gif

I know what you mean, I have over 150 podcasts downloaded. :tongue_smilie:

LizzyBee, I love Grammar Girl too! But...I'm a big nerd, it's true.

Oh! You would love this avatar I found:

grammaravatar.gif

I'll have to share it with DH. He'll love it, too.

I don't know much about podcasts. Where did you find the couch to 5k ones?

My dad got me started on the podcasts from White Horse Inn.org. It's four guys sitting around discussing different topics about theology. The current series is titled Christ-less Christianity. (Let's just say they don't like mainstream Christianity and Joel Osteen.) I guess if you don't agree with their theological point of view, it wouldn't be very fun to listen to. :001_smile: I started listening when I was doing mind-numbing data entry work from home and needed something to occupy my mind.

My dad got me started on the podcasts from White Horse Inn.org. It's four guys sitting around discussing different topics about theology. The current series is titled Christ-less Christianity. (Let's just say they don't like mainstream Christianity and Joel Osteen.) I guess if you don't agree with their theological point of view, it wouldn't be very fun to listen to. :001_smile: I started listening when I was doing mind-numbing data entry work from home and needed something to occupy my mind.

If you enjoy White Horse Inn you might also enjoy :

http://www.stannespublichouse.com/home/

Dh listens to a few Lost podcasts. Here's a list in case you're a fan!

Jay and Jack

Transmission with Ryan and Jen

Lostcasts

GSPN (Generally Speaking Podcast Network)

Lost Community Postcast

Official Lost Podcast

He doesn't listen to all of them each week (during the season)! He says the top two are his favorites.

He also listens to a lot of tech podcasts -- This Week in Tech, Techzilla, Hack 5, Security Now.

The only podcast I listen to is from The Christian Educator.

I've really enjoyed the latest series on teaching with a Christian worldview. A bonus for new listeners is that he'll send you a free copy of Discipling this Generation for a Digital World if you email him and tell him how you came across his podcast. That book was probably the most thought provoking book I've read on what kind of world our kids will be entering into and how we can prepare them for the future.