Menu

Cradle cap in almost 4 yo?

Ok, so when my ds was a baby he had craddle cap and it seems that it just never really went away...I tried different shampoos (special craddle cap stuff, dandruff shampoo er our pediatrician...)but nothing has really helped. he'll be 4 soon and he still has these scaly crusty patches on his scalp. I think it probably bothers me a little more than him, but sometimes he scratches his head and gets them loose, so they're just stuck in his hair (his hair is about shoulder length). Does anybody know of anything that actually works ? I mean something you tried on your own kids?

Thanks! :001_smile:

dd had cradle cap off and on from when she was a baby until she was about 5. what worked best for us (and you probably already tried) the blue dandruff shampoo. We'd let it soak on there for 5-10 minutes, wash it out, then comb with a fine tooth comb. It seemed to solve the problem at least for a couple of weeks, then we'd do it again. Eventually she outgrew it. Good luck!

My son had it for years.....I think he was almost 7 or 8 before it went away completely. I had avoided using the dandruff shampoo per my DH request, but his hair would come out with the cradle cap and I just couldn't do that to him any more. Couple of shampoos with the dandruff shampoo and it never came back. I think I would teatree oil as well, altho tht is an instinct and nothing based in fact.

:lurk5:

My daughter had cradle cap really bad for a long time. It was definitely that long. Now, at 12, she has oily hair that is frizzy and has dandruff. She hates her hair. I don't blame her.

DH has dandruff as well.

Unfortunately, dandruff shampoo doesn't help either of them. DH uses it daily. DD gave up on it.