Menu

My plans for next year (gentle critique please)

Any obvious gaps? too much? just right? lol. This is constantly on my mind. I have a doc with my plans, and any relevant links lol. I'm always thinking about next year... and I still have to get through this year. ODD is 12 (7th grade) and ODS will be 11 (6th grade); most of what they do will be on the same level except math.

Science - Elemental Science Biology Logic Stage

Math - Math Mammoth

LOF

Writing - WWE/WWS (not sure if we will "graduate" to WWS next year, so either or, not both)

Grammar-AG

Logic - Art of Argument

Music - Discover music

Latin - Visual Latin with getting started with Latin

History - History Odyssey Middle Ages stage 2

Ours looks similar except we'll be adding Total Health and a couple of lit. guides to begin looking at literature more critically. I'll either use Glencoe Lit. Guides (free online) or purchase a couple from Blackbird and Co. If you don't want to to that, you could purchase Figuratively Speaking and use those topics discussed in your current readings. Your plans look good.:001_smile:

Ours looks similar except we'll be adding Total Health and a couple of lit. guides to begin looking at literature more critically. I'll either use Glencoe Lit. Guides (free online) or purchase a couple from Blackbird and Co. If you don't want to to that, you could purchase Figuratively Speaking and use those topics discussed in your current readings. Your plans look good.:001_smile:

Could you give a link for the free lit guides? Thanks!

Does your history also include geography? If it's built into the history curriculum that would be perfect! Otherwise, you might consider doing some map work and study of the nations of the world or just the U.S.

And what about art? Do you do anything art related during the week?

Blessings,

Lucinda