Menu

Math facts copywork?

PentecostalMom

Rod and Staff includes some of what could be considered copywork. Their first grade workbook has the students writing the addition/subtraction fact families from 1-10 as part of each daily assignment. Their second grade book has a lot of copywork of the addition/subtraction facts 11-18. Both grade levels have supplemental blackline masters that also include some additional opportunities for copywork.

http://www.rodandstaffbooks.com/list/Mathematics_for_Christian_Living_Series/

You don't have to drill by hand with copywork or through flashcards. I find both Math Rider and Timez Attack to be VERY EFFECTIVE and the kids love it.

I know I don't have to drill by copywork, but she retains better when writing or reading. I did download the free version of Timez Attack yesterday, and am going to let her try it tomorrow, as Friday is our "light" day.

For example, she has been doing Reading Eggs for fun and as a supplement for phonics, but the retention just isn't there for RE. Hence the reason with stick with our phonics program.

I made some in StartWrite. I have two blocks of copywork on the top half of the page, skip counting numbers in the middle, and two more blocks for copywork on the lower half of the page.

One block for Monday - Thursday. We correct our work on Friday. I have her use the triangle flashcards on Friday to begin to understand the inverse so that it applies more easily to division (which will have copywork soon too, LOL).

I love copywork. I have her see it, say it, and copy it.

I need to fix my PDF printer, and I will post on my blog later in the day. :)

I will have to dig through my backup drive for addition and subtraction. Give me a couple of days. Check the blog page. I will just post them there so that anyone can pick them up if they like.

Thanks Andrea for your copywork email! They are grouped differently, and I love them. :D

Definitely don't buy the ones from Queen. I made that mistake a couple of years ago, because we love the art copywork cursive writing books. The math copywork is just pages of math facts ....there isn't even a place in the book to copy them. It was a giant waste of $10.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will have to dig through my backup drive for addition and subtraction. Give me a couple of days. Check the blog page. I will just post them there so that anyone can pick them up if they like.

I can't find the addition/subtraction ones on your blog....

Well, do you want the PDF copy of the ones I created to use with my kids? I could email them to you.

Could you email them to laneyg@gmail.com?

• 10 months later...
Guest jesusfreakgirl

Can you point me in the direction of the Addition and Subtraction copywork from your blog, Chrissy SC?
Thank you!!