Menu

Care package/gift ideas please?

I have a friend who is currently being treated for breast cancer. She is finishing up her first round of chemo and is getting ready to undergo her double mastectomy. I want to send her something thoughtful and helpful. If I lived closer I would take her a meal, drive her around, go grocery shopping for her, etc. However, living 2 states away makes that impossible.

What can I send/do from here that she will truly appreciate/enjoy during this time?

A small (baby size) pillow. I don't know why (I never asked), but my mom found it comfortable to put a small pillow under her arm when she had her mastectomies. She is a part of a cancer support group now and always makes sure everyone gets a soft, little pillow for post-surgery.

Your words of love and encouragement are priceless.

Gift Cards to local places to order food so she does not have to cook on chemo days.

Gift basket for a in home movie night

Gift cards for gas

:iagree: As well as a card telling her you care. I loved cards that I received while undergoing treatment! I love to look back on them even now. I didn't receive many, but it was really special to think someone took the time to write & show they understood! Its such a vulnerable time, and one where you need all the love you can get.

I have a friend who is currently being treated for breast cancer. She is finishing up her first round of chemo and is getting ready to undergo her double mastectomy. I want to send her something thoughtful and helpful. If I lived closer I would take her a meal, drive her around, go grocery shopping for her, etc. However, living 2 states away makes that impossible.

What can I send/do from here that she will truly appreciate/enjoy during this time?

nice perfume, pretty scarves, flashy earrings . . . something that will make her feel pretty and/or feminine.

Kristen