Menu

Update on cheating:

I'm glad everything worked out for your ds. Now that I know the details (which I won't mention because I know you may edit your post,) I completely understand your initial frustrations with the instructor. You know your ds is an honest kid, and it's sickening that he could have gotten into a lot of trouble even though he was completely innocent. Thank goodness the instructor took the time to see who was really to blame!

My DS never had any issues with a teacher, but when he went back to school in 8th grade after being homeschooled for 6 years, he said he noticed people copying from him all the time.

He said he had no idea what to do about it. Basically he tried not to let them, but really - he didn't want to be obvious, so he tried to act like he had no idea.

Makes me wonder that a teacher never noticed it....

I was wondering why you were so het up about it. The truth makes a lot more sense. ;)

I'm glad he was exonerated, and you've given me something to discuss with my daughter before she starts taking outside classes next year. This is horrible, I know, but I and almost everybody I knew cheated in high school on a regular basis. Looking back, I can't believe how oblivious the teachers were, and how normal and acceptable it felt to cheat. I doubt there is any more moral outrage among students about cheating now than there was then, so I assume that a lot of cheating still goes on, at least in middle and high school. We'll need to talk about it.