Menu

ibbygirl, I am calling you out...

Oh my, I don't check in for a couple of days....

you two are cracking me up. What do you think the record for longest running thread is? I think the board game might be the one to get it.

Can you go outside in -40 C? I think I would die. I lived in Boulder Colorado for 2 years and it wasn't that cold. Oregon kinda hangs in the 40's and 50's F for most of the winter. I am in Southern Cali now and it was 80F yesterday.

You can but I don't recommend it without full protective gear. I was out in it everyday last winter to go to and from work. Parka, sorels, mitts, toque, scarf, extra blankets, socks etc in the trunk just in case.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ibby, we are still at Disney, just having a low key pool day.

Julie, I had never heard that song before.

I love it's a small world

and

Disneyland is soooo much better:D

Oh! Are you staying at resort in Disney? I got to stay at the Polynesian resort once in Disney world (which btw is much better! :p ) and it was awesome. :) Julie's song comes from Lambchop.

at your own risk. :p

and nobody likes It's a small world. You sing it for at least 10 years after you've been on that ride. hehehehe ;) :D :p

Oh! Are you staying at resort in Disney? I got to stay at the Polynesian resort once in Disney world (which btw is much better! :p ) and it was awesome. :) Julie's song comes from Lambchop.
at your own risk. :p

and nobody likes It's a small world. You sing it for at least 10 years after you've been on that ride. hehehehe ;) :D :p

Okay if you had to chose one of the following songs to be the only song you ever got to listen to for the rest of your life would it be

This is the song that never ends

It's a small world after all

OR

Kumbiya (pretty sure I spelled that right, but I don't care)

I do have to say the song that never ends works so well to change the lyrics to, I do so often, I am forever making up little songs around here about our day or the kids etc.

Okay if you had to chose one of the following songs to be the only song you ever got to listen to for the rest of your life would it be

This is the song that never ends

It's a small world after all

OR

Kumbiya (pretty sure I spelled that right, but I don't care)

I do have to say the song that never ends works so well to change the lyrics to, I do so often, I am forever making up little songs around here about our day or the kids etc.

I choose Joe Satriani! :D hehehe

btw, did you see the funny pic I left for you?? a page or two back. :p

We are not on Disney property. My mom gave me her RCI week for my birthday.

I love it's a small world. We sing it a lot. I would pick that one as there are verses and it is uplifting.

I am Pollyanna sunshine in case you were wondering :D

We are not on Disney property. My mom gave me her RCI week for my birthday.

I love it's a small world. We sing it a lot. I would pick that one as there are verses and it is uplifting.

I am Pollyanna sunshine in case you were wondering :D

LOL Whatever makes you happy Polly. :) That's all that matters. :grouphug:

What does RCI stand for??

I choose Joe Satriani! :D hehehe

btw, did you see the funny pic I left for you?? a page or two back. :p

I did! I wondered when you had time to come to the great white north and take some photos :D I have decided you are absolutely right about not knowing what he looks like, I am not going to consider dating him until summer ;)

I did! I wondered when you had time to come to the great white north and take some photos :D I have decided you are absolutely right about not knowing what he looks like, I am not going to consider dating him until summer

ROFL!!! :lol::lol::lol: Hopefully he'll look like this

AndresGarcia.png

or this

esteban.jpg

anim_hubbahubba.gif

Viva Cuba libre! cuba-flag-22.gif

Yes, sorry. We are in the crazy stage of trying to catch up with everything and get back in a routine after 10 days on the lam! We are living half out of unpacked suitcases and half out of laundry baskets. I finally went shopping yesterday so no more canned soup for lunch and dinner:lol:

How are you? I took and ambien 3 hours ago (clippers safely away) and am waiting for it to kick in. I was reading the ambien thread from a few days ago and think maybe I should go look at amazon...

Yes, sorry. We are in the crazy stage of trying to catch up with everything and get back in a routine after 10 days on the lam! We are living half out of unpacked suitcases and half out of laundry baskets. I finally went shopping yesterday so no more canned soup for lunch and dinner:lol:

:) did you have a nice time? How many days did you spend at Disney?

How are you? I took and ambien 3 hours ago (clippers safely away) and am waiting for it to kick in. I was reading the ambien thread from a few days ago and think maybe I should go look at amazon...

LOL Oh boy! I've heard about that Ambien. hehehehe Hopefully you'll get a good story out of it. :p hehehe

We had a great time. 6 days at Disney. The kids only had one melt down each, so that was pretty good. The hotel however was a pain. Peacock suites, they are doing a remodel and construction started, the floor above us EVERY morning at 7am, including Saturday and Sunday. The staff was also miserable. We won't be staying there again!

I have never had a good ambien story. I guess sometimes I get in the mood to have teA and then have to be reminded in the morning, but other than that, pretty darn boring.:lol:

We had a great time. 6 days at Disney. The kids only had one melt down each, so that was pretty good. The hotel however was a pain. Peacock suites, they are doing a remodel and construction started, the floor above us EVERY morning at 7am, including Saturday and Sunday. The staff was also miserable. We won't be staying there again!

I have never had a good ambien story. I guess sometimes I get in the mood to have teA and then have to be reminded in the morning, but other than that, pretty darn boring.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Does Disneyland have Pirates of the Caribbean too? The ride I mean? Do they have Splash Mountain? I wonder if they have some rides that are the same in both parks.

Yes, and Pirates is better at Disney. It has 2 plunges you go down into the ride. I think the main thing Disney world has is the test track, but they are opening that this summer with a cars theme. Disney has the Nemo ride in yellow submarines, the see shells are for The little mermaid. Thunder Mountain, Splash Mt, Space Mt are all at both I think.

Yes, and Pirates is better at Disney. It has 2 plunges you go down into the ride. I think the main thing Disney world has is the test track, but they are opening that this summer with a cars theme. Disney has the Nemo ride in yellow submarines, the see shells are for The little mermaid. Thunder Mountain, Splash Mt, Space Mt are all at both I think.

I haven't been to Disney World in years. The last time I went they had a Buzz Lightyear ride that was new. Does Disneyland have any other parks or is it just Disneyland?? I mean for example, we have Disney world, which is the rides and all that, Epcot, MGM studios, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Does Disneyland do something similar??

Yeah, we are bad. We went to Disney world last Spring. Disneyland has 2 parks, The main Disney Land Magic Kingdom type and then California Adventure. They also have a small downtown Disney area, nothing like Disney Worlds and three hotels.

The main thing I like, is that it is all together. So what is spread between 4 parks is at 2. They are also right across from each other. You go through security and end up in a central plaza. One park to each side and downtown Disney straight ahead. The Grand Californian Hotel is in Downtown Disney and has it's own separate entrance to California Adventure.

We are not big on thrill rides, but I understand there are more of those at Disney World. I have also heard that tower of terror is much better at Disney World. There is also nothing quite like epcot:lol:

My main thing is that my feet just kill at Disney World, it's so big and spread out. Everything is much closer together at Disneyland and I like that. It is also the one I can drive to and have been going to since I was a kid.

I keep teasing my husband that he better not get a job in Southern Cali as I would get a pass and probably take the kids once a week. We just love it there.:D

Yeah, we are bad. We went to Disney world last Spring. Disneyland has 2 parks, The main Disney Land Magic Kingdom type and then California Adventure. They also have a small downtown Disney area, nothing like Disney Worlds and three hotels.

The main thing I like, is that it is all together. So what is spread between 4 parks is at 2. They are also right across from each other. You go through security and end up in a central plaza. One park to each side and downtown Disney straight ahead. The Grand Californian Hotel is in Downtown Disney and has it's own separate entrance to California Adventure.

We are not big on thrill rides, but I understand there are more of those at Disney World. I have also heard that tower of terror is much better at Disney World. There is also nothing quite like epcot:lol:

My main thing is that my feet just kill at Disney World, it's so big and spread out. Everything is much closer together at Disneyland and I like that. It is also the one I can drive to and have been going to since I was a kid.

I keep teasing my husband that he better not get a job in Southern Cali as I would get a pass and probably take the kids once a week. We just love it there.:D

:) That sounds so fun. :) what is California Adventure like? Yeah, too much walking. My feet are always killing me by the end of the day even in sneakers. Sure is fun though. :)

:) That sounds so fun. :) what is California Adventure like? Yeah, too much walking. My feet are always killing me by the end of the day even in sneakers. Sure is fun though. :)

It's nice, they have this bugs land area that is like fantasy land. All little kids rides and usually not very crowded. It is a place where even your 4 year old can go by themselves. Lots of benches to sit on, good visibility etc...

Ok, we need something fun to talk about until lent, get swell mama and nance back too.

It's nice, they have this bugs land area that is like fantasy land. All little kids rides and usually not very crowded. It is a place where even your 4 year old can go by themselves. Lots of benches to sit on, good visibility etc...

Ok, we need something fun to talk about until lent, get swell mama and nance back too.

I know right! They totally ditched us! :( We could always tell jokes I guess. :p hehehehe

Disneyland sounds really nice. If I were ever in California and had the time and opportunity to go I would go. :)

I know right! They totally ditched us! :( We could always tell jokes I guess. :p hehehehe

Disneyland sounds really nice. If I were ever in California and had the time and opportunity to go I would go. :)

I so did not ditch you 2, I was out hunting ;) I caught me a big one but was forced to let it go

...I don't know how to put it big in the main post, I only know how to attach little tiny pics as an attachment...

OT: I can do the big ones, but I don't know how to do the little ones. Perhaps we should swap skills. :D Seriously.

BTW: The way I attach big pictures is 1) copy the URL of the pic you want to post from an online album, 2) click on the little yellow square icon at the top of the text box--the one that looks kind of like a photo of a mountain & the sun, and 3) paste the URL you copied in step 1 & click "OK". That's it.

OT: I can do the big ones, but I don't know how to do the little ones. Perhaps we should swap skills. :D Seriously.

BTW: The way I attach big pictures is 1) copy the URL of the pic you want to post from an online album, 2) click on the little yellow square icon at the top of the text box--the one that looks kind of like a photo of a mountain & the sun, and 3) paste the URL you copied in step 1 & click "OK". That's it.

To do a small one it is similar, just click the paper clip and attach a photo. Then it posts as a thumbnail and only gets bigger when someone clicks it.

I so did not ditch you 2, I was out hunting ;) I caught me a big one but was forced to let it go

:lol::lol::lol::lol::auto:

As to all this picture talk...I really am techno challenged. I tried to follow it, but it is like a foreign language. This is how I get a picture up.

Ibby, please I need a nice picture of Ewan in a kilt! Please:001_smile:

:lol::lol::lol::auto:

As to all this picture talk...I really am techno challenged. I tried to follow it, but it is like a foreign language. This is how I get a picture up.

Are you sure you want me to post one up?? I've been taking heat for them lately you know. :p hehehehe

But because I care... :D

ewan_mcgregor.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::auto:

:lol: That's one way to do it

Are you sure you want me to post one up?? I've been taking heat for them lately you know. :p hehehehe

But because I care... :D

ewan_mcgregor.jpg

Thank you, have you really been taking heat. I thought these pictures gave off heat? A man in a kilt, who can sing, and dance, how can anyone have a problem with that.

:lol: That's one way to do it

For me it's the only way. When I am at the convention I will see if someone can walk me through the whole photo thing, but ibby always comes through:D

Thank you, have you really been taking heat. I thought these pictures gave off heat? A man in a kilt, who can sing, and dance, how can anyone have a problem with that.

Well, two separate threads have been started recently complaining about the kilt pics so not everyone is a fan apparently. :tongue_smilie:

I saw one about the Hey girl, What was the other one?

ETA: I think swell mama ditched us. I am counting on you 2 to keep the thread alive while I am gone. Today is my last day.

Edited by Northwest_Mama
forgot something

dude never ever ;)

Oh good, I was getting worried.

So...off topic (as this thread has stayed so on topic:D)

I was behind a school bus today and it totally ran a red light. No need for it, not like it had speed behind it so it would have caused issue stopping, just ran a red. I am so glad my kids are not on those buses!

Oh good, I was getting worried.

So...off topic (as this thread has stayed so on topic:D)

I was behind a school bus today and it totally ran a red light. No need for it, not like it had speed behind it so it would have caused issue stopping, just ran a red. I am so glad my kids are not on those buses!

I have seen that on more than one occasion in the city when I lived there. In my town there is no lights, and only 1 intersection with a stop sign so the busses could not really do that. But I have seen many buses, speed up to outrun a yellow (when they had ample time to stop), and like I said more than once have seen them outright run the red. And don't get me started on the ones that are speeding on the highway. I know they are speeding because *I* am speeding and they are passing me

Huh? What? Who, me? Never!

sure, show up again right when I am about to leave for 40 days:lol: Nice to see you.

Well have a nice time everyone. I will miss you all and I expect to have pages to catch up on when I get back after Easter. Take care.

Oh, and if there are any really amazing threads (like the teA carpet), troll hunts, or new kilt pics, please, please post links here so I can catch up when I am back:D. I really am going to miss these boards.....

You have got way more will power than me if you do in fact stay away the full 40 days. I didn't even make it to lent before realizing I could not give up what I planned. My plan had been to give up my Tim Horton's coffee. And then roll up the rim started. You can not be a true Canadian and give up on Roll up the Rim. I already won a free coffee lol I have a couple hours left to come up with something to give up :D

You have got way more will power than me if you do in fact stay away the full 40 days. I didn't even make it to lent before realizing I could not give up what I planned. My plan had been to give up my Tim Horton's coffee. And then roll up the rim started. You can not be a true Canadian and give up on Roll up the Rim. I already won a free coffee lol I have a couple hours left to come up with something to give up :D

and I am also giving up FB, I will be so lost tomorrow.....

next time give up tea instead! :P

:iagree: I think that giving up the hive is entirely too much sacrifice, that should never be given up. ;)

Is it Friday yet? it has been a long week already and today is going to be even worse. I have my daycare kids until 530, take dd to girl guides in the next town over from 6-730, at 730 I have to grab her and scoot across town for a scout leader meeting. Which means like last night, dinner will be served around 9pm or so tonight. Ugh! Then I still have to clean the house to get ready for my daycare kids tomorrow. It will be another late night for sure.

Ooooh what is Roll up the Rim?? Explain please. I love anything that has to do with coffee. :)

next time give up tea instead! :P

what kind of tea are you talking about here?? ;)

I could gladly give up cold weather for Lent. :)

Ooooh what is Roll up the Rim?? Explain please. I love anything that has to do with coffee. :)

I am Canadian, I can explain this.

In Canada Tim Hortons has, once a year a contest called, "Roll up the RIM to win" When you buy coffee from Timmy's you take the rim of the paper cup and roll it up to see if you win something.

You can search you tube and find commercials advertising it.

I am Canadian, I can explain this.

In Canada Tim Hortons has, once a year a contest called, "Roll up the RIM to win" When you buy coffee from Timmy's you take the rim of the paper cup and roll it up to see if you win something.

You can search you tube and find commercials advertising it.

Clever. :)