Menu

ibbygirl, I am calling you out...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny stuff!

I have killed a few in my time, but mostly I feel ignored. I've probably had more "hello? is this thing on? *crickets chirping*" posts than I have killed.

I happy dance around the living room the few times I've been quoted and agreed with. :D I feel so special. hehe

Sittin' back to await the real thread killer winner....:lurk5:

Were you spying on me to know this is what I do?? :lol: I get so giddy to see myself quoted. There was one thread not to long ago I was quoted so much I think I piddled with excitement :lol:

OK name this song!

"It's no use, he sees her

he starts to shake and cough

Just like the old man in

that book by Nabakov."

Oh please! That's too EASY!!! The POLICE Don't stand so close to me. IT's in the 80's thread! hehehehe

Edited by Ibbygirl

Okay, I found the GFI thread. It is funny, but I am not posting there:tongue_smilie:

I think all of us should wear our thread killing badges with honor:D and stick together!

Ibby, Nance said you are good with the photos. I could do with a nice pic of Ewan about now:D

Oh, and thanks Tina, I think, for not letting me be the thread killer on my birthday thread.

You ladies have helped me keep my mind off my aching sinuses:D

Were you spying on me to know this is what I do?? :lol: I get so giddy to see myself quoted. There was one thread not to long ago I was quoted so much I think I piddled with excitement :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

You made me actually laugh out loud.

My dh is going to love hearing all about this thread tonight.:D

Okay, I found the GFI thread. It is funny, but I am not posting there:tongue_smilie:

I think all of us should wear our thread killing badges with honor:D and stick together!

Ibby, Nance said you are good with the photos. I could do with a nice pic of Ewan about now:D

Oh, and thanks Tina, I think, for not letting me be the thread killer on my birthday thread.

You ladies have helped me keep my mind off my aching sinuses:D

Here ya go! :D

Ewan.png

OK name this song!

"It's no use, he sees her

he starts to shake and cough

Just like the old man in

that book by Nabakov."

"Don't stand...

Don't stand

Don't stand so close to me..."

Yes, I know Ibbygirl got it first but I can't help it. DH hates riding in the car with me cause two notes in I tell him the song, the year it came out, if its a remake or not and sometimes I even remember where it charted. :tongue_smilie:

I don't understand where all this talk about thread killing is coming from. When there's silence following one of my posts I always figure it's because I've said something so brilliant that I stunned the whole room. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: I like that!

If I were smart enough I think I could just maybe convince myself that that were the case with me, but the forum game thread would keep reminding me otherwise! hehehehe :lol::lol:

Here ya go! :D

Ewan.png

Thank you! I am a happy girl now. I like you kilt ones for Nance, that Cracked me up.

Now, would it be way to weird to do one for dh? I am trying to get him to start posting here. His crush is the actress who plays JJ on criminal minds?:lol:

I don't understand where all this talk about thread killing is coming from. When there's silence following one of my posts I always figure it's because I've said something so brilliant that I stunned the whole room. ;)

I love this. Unfortunately, I am not that brilliant.

Now, would it be way to weird to do one for dh? I am trying to get him to start posting here. His crush is the actress who plays JJ on criminal minds?:lol:

Yes, it would be weird, but I'll do it anyway! (just joking ;) ) hehe

What's your dh's name? Or soon to be screen name?

Yes, it would be weird, but I'll do it anyway! (just joking ;) ) hehe

What's your dh's name? Or soon to be screen name?

Lion, I have him set up, and got him to do one post last night (after he gave me about 20 comments that I could respond with, I told him if he wanted his thought heard he could post himself):lol: Now I just need to draw him into the madness....

Lion, I have him set up, and got him to do one post last night (after he gave me about 20 comments that I could respond with, I told him if he wanted his thought heard he could post himself):lol: Now I just need to draw him into the madness....

hehehehehe Here ya go.

jj.png

jj2.png

Is it really just Tuesday? Cuz I swear this is a full-moon-Saturday-night kind of thread! You gals are SOOO funny! It's a good thing I didn't bring any popcorn because I would have inhaled it while laughing and choked to death.

Heh. Then y'all would truly be Thread Killers....

Is it really just Tuesday? Cuz I swear this is a full-moon-Saturday-night kind of thread! You gals are SOOO funny! It's a good thing I didn't bring any popcorn because I would have inhaled it while laughing and choked to death.

Yep. It's really just Tuesday! I'm just warming up. I'm planning to shoot myself out of a cannon by Thursday! :hurray: :party: 42213-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Male-Human-Cannonball-In-A-Helmet-Preparing-To-Shoot-Out-Of-A-Cannon1.jpg

Thank you! I am a happy girl now. I like you kilt ones for Nance, that Cracked me up.

I love this. Unfortunately, I am not that brilliant.

Oh, I didn't say it was because I am brilliant. I just realized years ago that it was far easier on my self-esteem to go with that standard explanation. Try it next time and you'll see what a win-win situation it is. People respond, it's good. People don't respond, even better! :lol:

Oh, I didn't say it was because I am brilliant. I just realized years ago that it was far easier on my self-esteem to go with that standard explanation. Try it next time and you'll see what a win-win situation it is. People respond, it's good. People don't respond, even better! :lol:

By saturday I am hoping to be normal again:D One can wish...

Yep. It's really just Tuesday! I'm just warming up. I'm planning to shoot myself out of a cannon by Thursday! :hurray: :party: 42213-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Male-Human-Cannonball-In-A-Helmet-Preparing-To-Shoot-Out-Of-A-Cannon1.jpg

Pictures please!

DH loved the JJ pics. Closest I got to a smile this evening. Poor man has my cold and is not a happy camper.

I will have to try this. I am usually good at reframing situations.

Goodnight ladies. Thanks for spending the day being silly with me.

Good night Dolphin! :) Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning

(gosh I hope she's a Princess Bride fan! :p )

Feel better hon! :grouphug: :grouphug:

I really am going to bed now, just popped an ambien.:chillpill:

Is there anyone who is not a Princess Bride fan? That would be in-con-ceiv-able!

Thanks for the well wishes:thumbup:

Is there anyone who is not a Princess Bride fan? That would be in-con-ceiv-able!

You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means. :p

Nighty nite! :)

You guys are hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. I was going to come and tell you that whoever killed this thread would be the ultimate thread killer and then envisioned it going on for ages as none of you could bear to let someone else kill the thread...

And then I realized that by posting here, I just gave you all the ultimate out. :auto:

You guys are hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. I was going to come and tell you that whoever killed this thread would be the ultimate thread killer and then envisioned it going on for ages as none of you could bear to let someone else kill the thread...

And then I realized that by posting here, I just gave you all the ultimate out. :auto:

hehehehehe Oh, I think this thread has a few more days in it. I'm sure though that the ultimate death will be by my hands because I'm Cuban and it is ethnically impossible for me to stop talking! :p hehe

This poor thread will wind up so like so many others. Dead by my own hand. sniff Kind of like this horse, but with me standing over it....

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

hehehehehe Oh, I think this thread has a few more days in it. I'm sure though that the ultimate death will be by my hands because I'm Cuban and it is ethnically impossible for me to stop talking! :p hehe

This poor thread will wind up so like so many others. Dead by my own hand. sniff Kind of like this horse, but with me standing over it....

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Love the new signature :lol:

I hope this thread has a few more days in it, I didn't get to post enough earlier in it. :D

:) I'm so ready for some Canadian humoUr right about now. :p :D

I have no humour left in me tonight. You know I got offline earlier to actually teach my ds13. Guess what the topic was...Literary Analysis, as in what all the parts of that are, as well as the structure of the story, while using star wars movies, Harry potter and The Warriors series books as examples. Yeah he wasn't too thrilled. What should have been about 30 minutes of explaination/discussion so we could actually get onto the book we were supposed to be reading took over an hour and we never got to the actual book because honestly by then I was so done with school.

Oh and brainiack me decided that we should stick on schedule even though dd12 is away from home today and tomorrow, and so after all that, ds13 laughed at me and reminded me that I was going to have to teach it from the beginning again after she came home. Since both leave Friday morning for their dad's place, that means on Thursday I get to go through the whole spiel again. Yeah no humour left.

I have no humour left in me tonight. You know I got offline earlier to actually teach my ds13. Guess what the topic was...Literary Analysis, as in what all the parts of that are, as well as the structure of the story, while using star wars movies, Harry potter and The Warriors series books as examples. Yeah he wasn't too thrilled. What should have been about 30 minutes of explaination/discussion so we could actually get onto the book we were supposed to be reading took over an hour and we never got to the actual book because honestly by then I was so done with school.

Oh and brainiack me decided that we should stick on schedule even though dd12 is away from home today and tomorrow, and so after all that, ds13 laughed at me and reminded me that I was going to have to teach it from the beginning again after she came home. Since both leave Friday morning for their dad's place, that means on Thursday I get to go through the whole spiel again. Yeah no humour left.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm sorry you had a rough day. I know how you feel. :grouphug:

might make you smile. It cracks me up whenever I see it. :p

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm sorry you had a rough day. I know how you feel. :grouphug:

might make you smile. It cracks me up whenever I see it. :p

Good gravy no wonder you need Canadian humour that was not very funny at all.

Try this

out Edited by swellmomma

Okay, told you I was out of humour. I tried to be funny and I guess it didn't come across that way. Time to turn off the computer and go to bed. Maybe I will have better luck at it tomorrow.

Well I'm American AND Cuban so I guess I'm not the target audience. We really don't find the Bay of Pigs Invasion very funny. To each his own I guess. Hope you feel better. :grouphug::grouphug:

rc2.png

rc3.png

:lol::lol::lol: hahaha love them!!!

Now that's funny!

Now all I can think of is some really, er, weird stories that I read about ladies on this forum taking ambien. Let's just say I learned what a tea cozy was the same night I learned that ambien makes people do strange things. You didn't do anything strange last night, did you Dolphin? Do you still have your tea cozy? If not, talk to...um...who was it...cyndi girl I think. She'll be able to relate.

Now all I can think of is some really, er, weird stories that I read about ladies on this forum taking ambien. Let's just say I learned what a tea cozy was the same night I learned that ambien makes people do strange things. You didn't do anything strange last night, did you Dolphin? Do you still have your tea cozy? If not, talk to...um...who was it...cyndi girl I think. She'll be able to relate.

Okay back today let's try this again.
is one to honor how I was stupid on the internet last night with my previous attempt at humor AND it honors our grammarians here in the board.

:lol::lol::lol: He's funny. Someone else posted up another video of his last night about homeschooling. I'd never seen him before.

Thanks for the laugh. You feeling better today hon? I know it sucks when you're having a rough day. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:lol::lol::lol: He's funny. Someone else posted up another video of his last night about homeschooling. I'd never seen him before.

Thanks for the laugh. You feeling better today hon? I know it sucks when you're having a rough day. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

well the day has barely begun. My kids are still asleep, I over slept and only had 5 minutes to get ready for daycare child this morning. I will have to shower at naptime, but at least I was not answering the door in my pj's :lol: Over all yeah feeling better. Have a ton to do today before daycare child goes home and I pick up my dd12 from her guide camp. First thing on the school agenda is to do the read we never got to yesterday so ds13 can start his character sketch assignment.

well the day has barely begun. My kids are still asleep, I over slept and only had 5 minutes to get ready for daycare child this morning. I will have to shower at naptime, but at least I was not answering the door in my pj's :lol: Over all yeah feeling better. Have a ton to do today before daycare child goes home and I pick up my dd12 from her guide camp. First thing on the school agenda is to do the read we never got to yesterday so ds13 can start his character sketch assignment.

:grouphug: Hope you have a better day today than yesterday. :) :grouphug:

Although I suspect maybe you were just trying to be the thread killer! ;) :D :lol::lol:

Okay Dolphin,

Back to your original challenge. You asked me to post my "best kill". Well, I'm STILL going through my thread kills (there are just too many to choose from :p ), but I think this one probably has to be my best or one of my best kills. This was when I was seriously starting to believe that all threads were dying by my hands and that I really was a thread killer. I think this is even when I changed my signature to reflect my feelings on it IIRC. lol Yeah, so ironic. I was so hopeful at the end there that maybe just maybe I didn't have the curse..... Nope! :p :lol:

Edited by Ibbygirl

Although I suspect maybe you were just trying to be the thread killer! ;) :D :lol::lol:

Dang you caught me :lol:

That thread you linked it hilarious. I love how you become a thread killer by saying thank you to someone who saved you from killing a thread. That's awesome. :D

Wow, I came on here to see if there were any responses after mine last night....

I got as far as Nance and the Tea cozy. I will think of a good response while I am out. I will be back later to keep reading.

Have fun while I am doing errands (Yuck!)

Which word popped or inconceivable. I haven't seen Princess Bride in a few years so I don't know if I am missing a reference, or showing you my airhead side

Dang you caught me :lol:

That thread you linked it hilarious. I love how you become a thread killer by saying thank you to someone who saved you from killing a thread. That's awesome. :D

Sigh! I know! Sad isn't it. Yeah, somehow it just reminds me of the story of my life for some reason! :D:lol::lol::lol:

Which word popped or inconceivable. I haven't seen Princess Bride in a few years so I don't know if I am missing a reference, or showing you my airhead side

Okay, what in the heck are you talking about here woman?? You're totally confusing me and making me laugh too! :lol::lol::lol:

Are you asking me if the words "popped" or "inconceivable" are in PB?? It's "inconceivable". Wallace Shawn's character (Vecini) said it all the time. hehehehe You're too funny Nicole!

Edited by Ibbygirl

You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means. :p

Nighty nite! :)

This is what I was asking about the word from.

Okay Dolphin,

Back to your original challenge. You asked me to post my "best kill". Well, I'm STILL going through my thread kills (there are just too many to choose from :p ), but I think this one probably has to be my best or one of my best kills. This was when I was seriously starting to believe that all threads were dying by my hands and that I really was a thread killer. I think this is even when I changed my signature to reflect my feelings on it IIRC. lol Yeah, so ironic. I was so hopeful at the end there that maybe just maybe I didn't have the curse..... Nope!

That is a good kill:lol:

Okay, what in the heck are you talking about here woman?? You're totally confusing me and making me laugh too! :lol::lol:

Are you asking me if the words "popped" or "inconceivable" are in PB?? It's "inconceivable". Wallace Shawn's character (Vecini) said it all the time. hehehehe You're too funny Nicole!

The top quote.

Let's see how confusing this comes out.

So, I am feeling a little better today. For the first time in a week. The thing is I have been congested for a week. So, I am draining today. My head feels like it is going to float away at any moment, and my ears keep popping.

Swell mama, I hope you have a better day today.

Nance, I can not think about anything funny with a tea cozy. I do have one, two actually (dh is British), I might need a link:lol: The first times I took ambien my dh hid my keys before bed, just in case. It helps that he is a super light sleeper. So far the worst thing that i do is get really hot and pile all of my covers on dh so he wakes up sweltering. :D