Menu

ibbygirl, I am calling you out...

This is what I was asking about the word from.

hehehe I was quoting the next line from the movie to you. :p

Vecini says, "Inconceivable!" and then Inigo says, "you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

It's just a funny line from the movie that's all. Don't sweat it! :p hehehe

That is a good kill:lol:

hehehehe Why thank you I guess. I can't say it makes me particularly happy that threads respond to my posts as if they were a plague, but I guess if one has to go out it's best to go out in blazing glory, no? hehe :p

So far the worst thing that i do is get really hot and pile all of my covers on dh so he wakes up sweltering.

:lol::lol::lol: Ugh my dh does that to me. He likes to be hot and has this horrible, scratchy, itchy, puke green blanket that he loves to sleep with because it makes you all hot and scratchy (yeah, he's mental like that). Every once in awhile I'll be having a nightmare that I'm in hell or in a car fire or something and I'll wake up and find that dh has thrown his horrible scratchy hot blanket off in the night and on to me! :glare:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ibby, Youtube can be a dangerous place. There is actually a channel dedicated to Solid Gold - that countdown show from the 80's.

(why yes, I am watching it.:tongue_smilie:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SolidGold1980?feature=watch#p/u/2/ZeJIUjb2dNw

Oh my gosh!!! ROFL I remember how much I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer because I wanted a pair of satin disco pants so badly! :lol::lol: There was a girl who used to wear them to school and I used to be so jealous and wish I had her parents instead of mine! hehehe

Oh my gosh!!! ROFL I remember how much I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer because I wanted a pair of satin disco pants so badly! :lol::lol: There was a girl who used to wear them to school and I used to be so jealous and wish I had her parents instead of mine! hehehe

That was me too. I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer and now that I'm watching it again I can't believe how uh.. well, revealing the outfits were and that my Mom let me watch it. There was no way I'd of had a satin pair of disco pants but I did have a pair of track shorts like that once. :lol:

That was me too. I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer and now that I'm watching it again I can't believe how uh.. well, revealing the outfits were and that my Mom let me watch it. There was no way I'd of had a satin pair of disco pants but I did have a pair of track shorts like that once. :lol:

I grew up in the 70's in Ft. Lauderdale just blocks from the famous (or infamous if you prefer) beach. After what I saw at the beach growing up at that time, Solid Gold was pretty tame! :eek: :svengo:

Nance, I can not think about anything funny with a tea cozy. I do have one, two actually (dh is British), I might need a link:lol: The first times I took ambien my dh hid my keys before bed, just in case. It helps that he is a super light sleeper. So far the worst thing that i do is get really hot and pile all of my covers on dh so he wakes up sweltering. :D

Here's the link:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331431&highlight=tea+cozy

It's a VERY funny thread about the dangers of ambien! And when I say tea cozy I don't mean in the literal sense. Think of this board's "other" meaning for "tea." :P

Here's the link:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331431&highlight=tea+cozy

It's a VERY funny thread about the dangers of ambien! And when I say tea cozy I don't mean in the literal sense. Think of this board's "other" meaning for "tea." :P

Okay, just read that, and I do not have 2 of that type of tea cozy:lol: I thought that was teA room carpeting. My mind is still bad though. I thought maybe she had used an actual tea cozy in an inappropriate way. Like maybe to decorate dh's tea area?

This is similar to what I have

http://www.etsy.com/listing/71378999/union-jack-street-party-tea-cosy-with

Okay, another subject. I am posting here as I know I will get some response and not be totally ignored:lol:

I had a huge shock today. Someone who had really hurt me in High school contacted me out of the blue today on facebook and gave me a huge apology. 20 years later, but oh my. It feels amazing. The bigger surprise, it is a guy!

ETA: Busted up reading that thread. Thanks for the link. I don't know how I missed that the first time around!

Edited by Northwest_Mama
forgot something

Okay, another subject. I am posting here as I know I will get some response and not be totally ignored:lol:

I had a huge shock today. Someone who had really hurt me in High school contacted me out of the blue today on facebook and gave me a huge apology. 20 years later, but oh my. It feels amazing. The bigger surprise, it is a guy!

I wonder if he is in a 12 step program and trying to make ammends?

I have a funny to add.... I don't know if these commercials are only in Florida or what, but just in case you haven't see it it's this one.

My dd HATES this commercial. Today she started ranting about it and was saying, "Man, I wish they would stop showing that commercial!! It's disgusting!! Every time I see it I want to throw up! What are they thinking showing that disgusting commercial when kids are around?"

I said, "Well, that's the point. They're trying to be shocking so that people pay attention to the dangers of smoking."

She answered, "Well they need to stop! Otherwise kids are going to watch it, throw up on the carpet, then your carpet is going to smell and then you're going to have to move and if you see the commercial in your new house you throw up all over again and the cycle starts all over!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my, your dd is right, that is soooooo grosssss!!!!!!

ugh!

I wonder if that will get to a few teens though.

Maybe he is in a program. It was nice all the same:001_smile:

They have so many of those commercials. They show this one all the time too.

It is nice that he did that. That must have been difficult to do after such a long time.

I have a funny to add.... I don't know if these commercials are only in Florida or what, but just in case you haven't see it it's this one.

My dd HATES this commercial. Today she started ranting about it and was saying, "Man, I wish they would stop showing that commercial!! It's disgusting!! Every time I see it I want to throw up! What are they thinking showing that disgusting commercial when kids are around?"

I said, "Well, that's the point. They're trying to be shocking so that people pay attention to the dangers of smoking."

She answered, "Well they need to stop! Otherwise kids are going to watch it, throw up on the carpet, then your carpet is going to smell and then you're going to have to move and if you see the commercial in your new house you throw up all over again and the cycle starts all over!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL well, first of all, I love your dd's logic, that's hilarious! But second of all, what the heck is wrong with the girl in that commercial? Back in MY school days, we would NOT have been stupid/gross enough to drink something that had a dead frog in it, we would have just snuck off into the bathroom or shower room and smoked a darn cigarette! hehe.

It is nice that he did that. That must have been difficult to do after such a long time.

That one was pretty powerful!

LOL well, first of all, I love your dd's logic, that's hilarious!

LOL It has a few gaps in it, but yeah, it's cohesive anyway. :p hehehe

But second of all, what the heck is wrong with the girl in that commercial? Back in MY school days, we would NOT have been stupid/gross enough to drink something that had a dead frog in it, we would have just snuck off into the bathroom or shower room and smoked a darn cigarette! hehe.
HAHAHAHA!! There was a designated sidewalk at my High School where kids smoked. We dubbed it "Loser's Lane". lol I was there every morning before class. lol Sheesh maybe that's what's wrong with me! :tongue_smilie:

That one was pretty powerful!
I confess I always stop and watch that one too. I like the camel in the beginning, but I always feel so sad for the man at the end. :( Edited by Ibbygirl

That is powerful. My father is an Oncologist, when he found out I was smoking I suddenly had a Saturday job. I got to spend a year watching where smoking got you. Pretty darn effective for a 16 year old.

That is powerful. My father is an Oncologist, when he found out I was smoking I suddenly had a Saturday job. I got to spend a year watching where smoking got you. Pretty darn effective for a 16 year old.

Your dad loves you. I have to give him props for finding a creative solution to a worrisome problem. My grandfather caught my uncle smoking a cigar once and locked him in a closet with an entire box of cigars and told him he couldn't come out until he had smoked them all.

My uncle smoked in there until he got sick and was banging on the door begging to be let out. He never smoked again.

Kinda funny since my family were all cigar makers in Cuba and also here in the states when Tampa still had cigar factories, but none of them ever smoked.

Kinda funny since my family were all cigar makers in Cuba and also here in the states when Tampa still had cigar factories, but none of them ever smoked.

:lol::lol:

So were you born in Cuba? One of my best friends is married to a Cuban. He has a lot of issue with how cold it is in Oregon. He always has the heat up to like 80.

She got to go visit with him a few years ago (his mom and sister still live in Cuba) She said it was a beautiful country.

:lol:

So were you born in Cuba? One of my best friends is married to a Cuban. He has a lot of issue with how cold it is in Oregon. He always has the heat up to like 80.

She got to go visit with him a few years ago (his mom and sister still live in Cuba) She said it was a beautiful country.

No, I was born in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. My family (direct line) are not exiles although I have second cousins etc that are. My family came to America from Cuba to work as cigar makers because they were so poor in Cuba and heard there were better wages in the cigar factories in Tampa, FL My great grandfather (born in Havana, Cuba in 1890) was one of 14 children. He worked in the tobacco fields first when he was a child and then later was a cigar maker. His skill level was so great by the time he was a teenager that he was able to make the expensive artisan cigars. He left Cuba for America at 16 years old with whatever money he had in his pocket and the clothes on his back. He didn't have a job prospect, had no English, didn't know anyone, he just went out blind hoping for a better future for himself and his family.

He went to Ybor City in Tampa (which was at that time primarily a Spanish and Cuban community although there were some Italians as well) and started working in the cigar factories. As he earned some money, he would send it home to help his family come over to the United States, but half of them chose to stay in Cuba and half came over here. The ones that stayed are still there (one my cousins recently went there to visit them a couple of years ago) except for the ones who escaped as exiles (I've met two of them here in Miami), but my direct bloodline we came before Castro came to power. My great grandfather lived in Ybor City for the rest of his life (he died in 1990 2 months after his 100th birthday), both of my grandparents were born and raised in Ybor City, my mom was born and raised in Ybor City and I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale. The majority of my family still lives in Tampa. I'm actually going there in 2 weeks time to visit my aunts and cousins. :) So that's my history in a nut shell. Ybor City is kind of like Miami in the sense of it's one of those places where you don't need English. My great grandfather lived in the United States for over 80 years and never learned English. He only knew "hi", "bye", "yes" and "okay". lol My grandfather was American but Spanish was his first language and he always spoke English with an accent, same as my grandmother. My mom also grew up speaking Spanish and my brother and I were brought up speaking Spanglish (think

) if you've ever seen that show. :p Love that show! hehe).

I've never been to Cuba. I don't think I would want to go there until it's free though. I think it would break my heart too much. The people there are desperately poor and they lack even the most basic things. When my cousin went there to visit the family and asked them what she should bring, they begged her to bring vitamins and toilet paper. :( They are lacking such basic things and there are places in Cuba where Cubans can't even go. They are only for tourists. Prostitution is rampant, you have surgeons and doctors who have to ride a bicycle to work and have holes in their jackets. It's really bad there. :( But yes, it's a very beautiful country.

When it was still free, my great grandfather used to take his wife and children there on the weekends and visit the family. My grandfather used to always tell me how beautiful the country was and how clean the water is. It's a shame about the politics though. :( I hate that I'm here just a couple of hundred miles away from my family there and yet our worlds are so different, it may as well be the moon. :(

LOL about the heat. I confess I am pretty much locked into Florida as well. That's the thing about being brought up in the tropics, you just can't live anywhere else in the States except Hawaii maybe. I can't bear the cold. I would like to see snow sometime though. Just to see it once, kwim. After that, I want to come back to my nice warm state. lol Anything below 78 degrees and I'm shivering! :lol:

Edited by Ibbygirl

Yeah, her husband was excited to see snow, for about 5 minutes, now he hates it. He really wants to go to Florida, but my friend has a really good job here. He is stuck working kinda mid labor jobs as he doesn't want to give up his citizenship as then he won't be able to visit his family. It is impossible for them to visit here. I was surprised with all the regulations, every 2 years for no more than 2 weeks etc... If he gives up his citizenship, as an ex-citizen he won't ever be allowed back under the current government.

He is an exile, came out on a raft and spent time at Gitmo. He actually really enjoyed his time at Gitmo, he has pictures and tons of stories.

Their wedding (15 years ago now) is one of my favorites ever. Really simple, but the danceing.... all night long! It was so much fun.

My great-grandfather emigrated to the US from Spain, we are Basque descendants. 3 generations down and our Spanish is pretty non-existent.

I love hearing all the histories, we all such a varied past.

Yeah, her husband was excited to see snow, for about 5 minutes, now he hates it. He really wants to go to Florida, but my friend has a really good job here. He is stuck working kinda mid labor jobs as he doesn't want to give up his citizenship as then he won't be able to visit his family. It is impossible for them to visit here. I was surprised with all the regulations, every 2 years for no more than 2 weeks etc... If he gives up his citizenship, as an ex-citizen he won't ever be allowed back under the current government.

He is an exile, came out on a raft and spent time at Gitmo. He actually really enjoyed his time at Gitmo, he has pictures and tons of stories.

Their wedding (15 years ago now) is one of my favorites ever. Really simple, but the danceing.... all night long! It was so much fun.

My great-grandfather emigrated to the US from Spain, we are Basque descendants. 3 generations down and our Spanish is pretty non-existent.

Oh yeah! Cuban weddings are off the hook! :lol: All night long with the dancing. You never get home before sun up! :p

My great grandfather was pure Spanish too. Both of his parents were from Pravia in Asturias. He actually had blonde hair and was fair skinned (very handsome too! :) ) My great grandmother's family were from the Canary Islands. She had dark hair, eyes and skin. We haven't had a blonde in the family since! :p hehe

I agree. I love the stories of just ordinary people. We all have such fascinating histories. :)

I think we have lost Nance:lol:

If we just keep responding to each other at least once a day we can have a thread that never dies:D and neither of us will be the thread killer:lol:

I will try to write back tomorrow, but it might be Sunday. We are going to Disneyland. We are driving as it is 16 hours away. Road trip:auto:

Sounds like the guy I am not quite seeing yet ;) He escaped Cuba just about 5 years ago. His only actual family (his mother and brother) still live in cuba but he can not see them. He has some cousins etc in Miami but he hasn't seen them since coming to Canada. He is a Canadian citizen now but that is a recent development and so he isn't feeling safe enough yet to go back to Cuba to see his mom and brother (and his family). Luckily after putting in his time doing manual labour (painting houses) while he learned english he has managed to get back into the field he works and is not stuck painting anymore.

I think we have lost Nance

Gosh I hope not! :crying: I didn't even know she was sick! :p

If we just keep responding to each other at least once a day we can have a thread that never dies and neither of us will be the thread killer:lol:

hehehehehe "This is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends...." :D

I will try to write back tomorrow, but it might be Sunday. We are going to Disneyland. We are driving as it is 16 hours away. Road trip:auto:

ooooh how fun! Have a great time. Maybe you'll see Steve Perry there. If you do please get his autograph for me. I hear he likes to go to Disneyland by himself sometimes.

Just have the autograph read, "Dear Jennifer, when I lie in bed at night trying to sleep the image of you keeps coming before my eyes until I drift off to sleep. You are the woman of my dreams." something like that would be fine. :p hehehe

Sounds like the guy I am not quite seeing yet ;) He escaped Cuba just about 5 years ago. His only actual family (his mother and brother) still live in cuba but he can not see them. He has some cousins etc in Miami but he hasn't seen them since coming to Canada. He is a Canadian citizen now but that is a recent development and so he isn't feeling safe enough yet to go back to Cuba to see his mom and brother (and his family). Luckily after putting in his time doing manual labour (painting houses) while he learned english he has managed to get back into the field he works and is not stuck painting anymore.

Yeah, it's hard for Cubans. It sucks too because we're notoriously proud also. So I think it hurts just that much more. Sigh. You have no idea how much we long for Cuba to be free. :crying: Libertad! Libertad! Libertad!

Yeah, it's hard for Cubans. It sucks too because we're notoriously proud also. So I think it hurts just that much more. Sigh. You have no idea how much we long for Cuba to be free. :crying: Libertad! Libertad! Libertad!

He says this too. He is hoping for it to be free before he retires so he can go back and retire on the beach close to his family. The stories he has told me thus far about his life there and subsequent escape leave me so speechless. I simply can not imagine living that way, it doesn't seem possible having grown up here in Canada. I find it is a really good way to get my head back into seeing how priveledged we are when I am feeling like things are just too hard etc. I talk to him and in 1 story flat I am reminded of how much I have to be grateful for here.

He says this too. He is hoping for it to be free before he retires so he can go back and retire on the beach close to his family. The stories he has told me thus far about his life there and subsequent escape leave me so speechless. I simply can not imagine living that way, it doesn't seem possible having grown up here in Canada. I find it is a really good way to get my head back into seeing how priveledged we are when I am feeling like things are just too hard etc. I talk to him and in 1 story flat I am reminded of how much I have to be grateful for here.

I know. It's really heartbreaking. They have so little and everyone is afraid. You cannot trust your neighbors or anyone. We have this radio station here in Miami called Radio Mambi and it's a community station for Cuban exiles. The stories you hear of their suffering just make you weep. It's so awful what is going on down there.

SwellMama, I think things might be different between Canada and Cuba and the USA and Cuba. I think if a US citizen goes to Cuba without government permission it is one of the things that can lose you your citizenship. (ie, going to a country that flies to Cuba and then going)

I think I am about to shock, who is Steve Perry? (she asks timidly) I know Joe Perry who is the lead guitarist for Aerosmith:lol:

I also joined the thread killer group:D

We got here. I am so tired. Tomorrow...Disneyland!

SwellMama, I think things might be different between Canada and Cuba and the USA and Cuba. I think if a US citizen goes to Cuba without government permission it is one of the things that can lose you your citizenship. (ie, going to a country that flies to Cuba and then going)

Americans can't go to Cuba legally unless they are born Cuban and have a special permission to go (which is almost impossible to get). I would have to go through another country if I were to go. Canadians can go directly there. It has to do with the embargo. When my great grandfather died, his brother and sister got permission to come here for the funeral, but they had to leave family behind (as insurance) and could only come for the funeral and had to go right back.

I think I am about to shock, who is Steve Perry? (she asks timidly) I know Joe Perry who is the lead guitarist for Aerosmith:lol:

Oh dear. Steve Perry. Lead singer for Journey aka The Voice. Ven mami, let me educate you. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg3vHJ5CPBw&feature=related

I love me some Joe Perry, love his guitar licks on Train Kept a Rollin', but he can't sing like Steve. :) But just so I don't seem too partial,

some Joe Perry too! :) I always thought he was hot in a scary kinda way. hehehehe :p Man I miss the 70's! I love the rock from that era!! If I ever make an album I'm going to make it 70's rock. Either that or Reggae! :p

I also joined the thread killer group:D

We got here. I am so tired. Tomorrow...Disneyland!

Awesome! Have a wonderful time. :)

Edited by Ibbygirl

Americans can't go to Cuba legally unless they are born Cuban and have a special permission to go (which is almost impossible to get). I would have to go through another country if I were to go. Canadians can go directly there. It has to do with the embargo. When my great grandfather died, his brother and sister got permission to come here for the funeral, but they had to leave family behind (as insurance) and could only come for the funeral and had to go right back.

I think he is just scared that he somehow wouldn't ever be able to escape again. Even if as a Canadian there is no legal reason for it, I think as someone who has escaped the way he did he is afraid of being trapped there kwim.

I think he is just scared that he somehow wouldn't ever be able to escape again. Even if as a Canadian there is no legal reason for it, I think as someone who has escaped the way he did he is afraid of being trapped there kwim.

Oh yeah, if he were to go back to Cuba he would be in serious trouble. He'd prolly wind up in jail for a few years or twenty. :glare:

Oh yeah, if he were to go back to Cuba he would be in serious trouble. He'd prolly wind up in jail for a few years or twenty. :glare:

See that would be a problem because then I would have to go to cuba to bust him out and unleash the fury that is in swellmomma which just may start a war between Canada and Cuba ;) Nope no lovely beaches for him I am afraid, just 7 months of winter :D

See that would be a problem because then I would have to go to cuba to bust him out and unleash the fury that is in swellmomma which just may start a war between Canada and Cuba ;) Nope no lovely beaches for him I am afraid, just 7 months of winter :D

Well, ya'll could always move down here to SoFla. God knows we have tons of Canadians here right now. hehehe You'd feel right at home. :p And he could go down to Little Havana and get a real cafe cubano and play some dominoes in domino park. :p

Well, ya'll could always move down here to SoFla. God knows we have tons of Canadians here right now. hehehe You'd feel right at home. :p And he could go down to Little Havana and get a real cafe cubano and play some dominoes in domino park. :p

Hmm rats, biting things in the ocean, pay for health care, and give up my homeschool funding the gov't gives me. Yeah right :D I will keep the 7 months of winter thank you very much ;)

Hmm rats, biting things in the ocean, pay for health care, and give up my homeschool funding the gov't gives me. Yeah right :D I will keep the 7 months of winter thank you very much ;)

LOL Suit yourself, but you know, we don't have rats in the ocean. Sharks yes and barracudas yes but no rats. :tongue_smilie: :p

I would like to go to Canada sometime (in the summer :p). Florida is HOT! It's over crowded and we get pesky hurricanes during our 6 months long hurricane season, but our consolation is our winters. It's hard to beat a Florida winter. BEAUTIFUL!!

LOL Suit yourself, but you know, we don't have rats in the ocean. Sharks yes and barracudas yes but no rats. :tongue_smilie: :p

I would like to go to Canada sometime (in the summer :p). Florida is HOT! It's over crowded and we get pesky hurricanes during our 6 months long hurricane season, but our consolation is our winters. It's hard to beat a Florida winter. BEAUTIFUL!!

Well I know the rats aren't in the ocean, but they still live there in the alleys, and homes and *shudder* ick. We have rat patrol in Alberta keeping the rats away. Mice I can handle, rats no way.

Gee good thing you aren't in real estate, sharks, barracudas and hurricanes...way to up sell :lol:

Well I know the rats aren't in the ocean, but they still live there in the alleys, and homes and *shudder* ick. We have rat patrol in Alberta keeping the rats away. Mice I can handle, rats no way.

Gee good thing you aren't in real estate, sharks, barracudas and hurricanes...way to up sell :lol:

hehehehe yeah, good thing. hehe

Barracudas are harmless. They look intimidating, but it's hard to get bit by them. I used to SCUBA dive all the time and every single dive I saw a school of barracuda. Most of them 4-6 ft long, but they just look at you. lol The only time I ever almost got bit by a 'cuda was when there was a mullet run (the fish not the hair style :tongue_smilie: ) and I was swimming through the clouds of mullet and a barracuda grabbed the fish that was directly in front of my mask. I just saw these jaws snap down an inch from my face on a fish. :eek: yeah, I don't swim in mullet clouds anymore. :p

The sharks too are mostly harmless although some people do get bit.

Believe it or not, the rats aren't too bad. I've only ever seen one or two the whole time I've lived in the city I'm in now (15 years here now). You're more likely to see possums and racoons here at night. Sometimes they get into fights. lol The most horrid thing here really are the palmetto bugs. :svengo: :eek: I call them our state 'bird'. They're everywhere and they're so nasty! shudder. Just talking about them makes me want to pass out. :svengo:

The sharks too are mostly harmless although some people do get bit.

Believe it or not, the rats aren't too bad. I've only ever seen one or two the whole time I've lived in the city I'm in now (15 years here now). You're more likely to see possums and racoons here at night. Sometimes they get into fights. lol The most horrid thing here really are the palmetto bugs. :svengo: :eek: I call them our state 'bird'. They're everywhere and they're so nasty! shudder. Just talking about them makes me want to pass out. :svengo:

Google is my enemy and I am bound to have nightmares tonight. Yeah there is something to be said about subarctic temps for such a huge part of the year. Bugs simply can not grow that big. *shudder* icky icky icky. No way no how would I live somewhere one of those monsters could find me. Gosh they look big enough to kidnap a small infant

Google is my enemy and I am bound to have nightmares tonight. Yeah there is something to be said about subarctic temps for such a huge part of the year. Bugs simply can not grow that big. *shudder* icky icky icky. No way no how would I live somewhere one of those monsters could find me. Gosh they look big enough to kidnap a small infant

ROFL They are DISGUSTING! Ugh. Did the google article you read tell you that they fly as well? That's why I call them our state "bird". :p They're prolly bigger than a humming bird. I have a phobia of a palmetto bug flying at me and getting tangled up in my hair. :svengo: My hair goes down to my butt, but if a palmetto bug every got tangled in it I think I would rather chop off all my hair rather than touch that nasty thing to pull it out of my hair. iiiiick! :svengo:

ROFL They are DISGUSTING! Ugh. Did the google article you read tell you that they fly as well? That's why I call them our state "bird". :p They're prolly bigger than a humming bird. I have a phobia of a palmetto bug flying at me and getting tangled up in my hair. :svengo: My hair goes down to my butt, but if a palmetto bug every got tangled in it I think I would rather chop off all my hair rather than touch that nasty thing to pull it out of my hair. iiiiick! :svengo:

EWWWW! I didn't read about them, I just went to images so I had no idea they could fly. I hate the little bugs out in my garden in the summer, Heck the scream I let out when June bug landed on me at family camp a few years back could be heard clear across the camp. There is no way I would survive living in a place with bigs that big. AND I know I read a post on here not to long ago that someone saw one of these kinds of bugs in their kitchens? Heck no. I would rather deal with teh -51C we had a couple weeks ago, or 10ft snow drifts before dealing with one of those giants.

EWWWW! I didn't read about them, I just went to images so I had no idea they could fly. I hate the little bugs out in my garden in the summer, Heck the scream I let out when June bug landed on me at family camp a few years back could be heard clear across the camp. There is no way I would survive living in a place with bigs that big. AND I know I read a post on here not to long ago that someone saw one of these kinds of bugs in their kitchens? Heck no. I would rather deal with teh -51C we had a couple weeks ago, or 10ft snow drifts before dealing with one of those giants.

LOL We have huge spiders too and snakes. :p Alligators too. Probably not the place for you. My brother moved up to New York almost 3 years ago and he hasn't seen a bug since he's got there. We're crawling with them down here. :p But the flip side is that you can go to the beach and swim in the winter and in the summer the ocean is like a bath tub the water is so warm and the reefs are really pretty too, well at least they used to be. We used to have some gorgeous ones in The Keys and the Springs used to be really beautiful too although they're pretty much trashed now. :( I saw Alexander Springs a couple of years ago after not having seen it in probably 20 years and I literally cried when I saw how much it had changed. It used to be so beautiful. :(

ETA: This is Molasses reef. I actually dove this reef 3 weeks before a tanker crashed into it and ripped off a bunch of it and killed a lot of it. It used to be one of the prettiest reefs in the Keys.

ETAAGAIN: I just realized that that -51 degrees was CELCIUS! Holy underwear Batman! That's freaking cold! I think I would die if I was in that. Like literally. I would go outside, feel that cold and drop dead. Holy cow! I think the coldest temps I've ever been in were the low 30's F and that's usually just for one night and I was pretty sure I was going to die. Our winter temps are always really mild. It doesn't even snow here. My little tiny brain cannot even wrap itself around the kinds of temps you get. Wow! :eek: :svengo: How does your Cuban friend deal with that?? He must just be all coats and snow pants!

Edited by Ibbygirl

ETAAGAIN: I just realized that that -51 degrees was CELCIUS! Holy underwear Batman! That's freaking cold! I think I would die if I was in that. Like literally. I would go outside, feel that cold and drop dead. Holy cow! I think the coldest temps I've ever been in were the low 30's F and that's usually just for one night and I was pretty sure I was going to die. Our winter temps are always really mild. It doesn't even snow here. My little tiny brain cannot even wrap itself around the kinds of temps you get. Wow! :eek: :svengo: How does your Cuban friend deal with that?? He must just be all coats and snow pants!

Yeah pretty much :lol: This winter has been really mild for us. Barely any snow we had that 1 week of the -40s to -50s but over all we have barely cracked -15C all winter. Last year was 6 months of -40C I swear. Of course last year I worked out of the home and had to go out in it daily. This year mild winter and I don't work out of the home and can hide from it.

Yeah pretty much :lol: This winter has been really mild for us. Barely any snow we had that 1 week of the -40s to -50s but over all we have barely cracked -15C all winter. Last year was 6 months of -40C I swear. Of course last year I worked out of the home and had to go out in it daily. This year mild winter and I don't work out of the home and can hide from it.

Isn't that the way it always is?? Well, at least since you're not working outside you can enjoy the milder weather I guess. :) It's been in the 80's F all week here.

Are the two of you still chatting hoping that neither of you kill this thread?

LOL No, I'm chatting with her because I like her company. :p I don't care who kills this thread although it probably will be me since I am The Thread Killer. buahahahaha! :D hehehe

Oh my, I don't check in for a couple of days....

you two are cracking me up. What do you think the record for longest running thread is? I think the board game might be the one to get it.

Can you go outside in -40 C? I think I would die. I lived in Boulder Colorado for 2 years and it wasn't that cold. Oregon kinda hangs in the 40's and 50's F for most of the winter. I am in Southern Cali now and it was 80F yesterday.

Oh my, I don't check in for a couple of days....

you two are cracking me up. What do you think the record for longest running thread is? I think the board game might be the one to get it.

Can you go outside in -40 C? I think I would die. I lived in Boulder Colorado for 2 years and it wasn't that cold. Oregon kinda hangs in the 40's and 50's F for most of the winter. I am in Southern Cali now and it was 80F yesterday.

Hey! You're back!: I missed you! How was Disney?? Did ya'll have fun? Our Disney is better than yours you know! hehehehehhe :auto: :D

Yeah, I think the forum game thread will take that prize for sure! :) We finally got Mariann back in there and none to soon either I say! :)

Edited by Ibbygirl

This is the thread that never ends,

it just goes on and on my friend,

Some users started posting it not knowing what it was

And now they'll continue posting forever, just because

This is the thread that never dies

It just goes on and on my friend,

Ay Julie! Why oh why did you have to start singing that song? Don't you know that song is the earworm or all earworms? I hear that our military actually uses it when they are interrogating suspected terrorists as a form of TORTURE! That song and It's a Small World gets them to talk everytime! It's one step above waterboarding!!! :svengo:

Why would you go and do something like that? With great power comes great responsibility you know? Didn't you ever watch Spiderman?? You can't just whip that song out for any and all occasions? Only in the most dire circumstances should that song be given voice. It's the atom bomb of songs!!!! I though we were friends.......... waaaaaaaaaaaaah! :crying: