Menu

Flat Stanley

So how are you doing your Flat Stanley project? Just sending one out? When we did ours, we printed out a bunch of blank Flat Stanleys and sent them out all over the place, to whoever was willing to take them (we had a bunch of states and even a few diff countries!) and asked people to "dress them" in a way that depicted their climate or area or region or culture in some way, and take pics of them doing things in their area like fun field trips, and then send them back to us, so we ended up with a whole collection of differently 'dressed' Flat Stanleys and fun pics emailed to us while we waited to get them back (although fair warning, some people never sent them back). That was a lot more fun than just sending one out and waiting to get it back and so on. Just a thought! :)

whoever is interested in these types of trades there is a facebook group called homeschool swapping adventures They do Flat Stanleys geo boxes Valentines all kinds of different swaps

This sounds great, but I couldn't find it. Could you post the link to the group?

Thanks!

So how are you doing your Flat Stanley project? Just sending one out? When we did ours, we printed out a bunch of blank Flat Stanleys and sent them out all over the place, to whoever was willing to take them (we had a bunch of states and even a few diff countries!) and asked people to "dress them" in a way that depicted their climate or area or region or culture in some way, and take pics of them doing things in their area like fun field trips, and then send them back to us, so we ended up with a whole collection of differently 'dressed' Flat Stanleys and fun pics emailed to us while we waited to get them back (although fair warning, some people never sent them back). That was a lot more fun than just sending one out and waiting to get it back and so on. Just a thought! :)

It isn't mine. My best friend in Washington state asked me if I would host it for her niece, who attends the Christian grade school I attended a zillion years ago. I received it a week ago, and the instructions just said to send it along to someone in another state.

I would love to do a Flat Stanley project! We just finished up with a couple of his books. I love the idea of dressing him up, and taking him on a trip before mailing him back!!!

I don't know how to get involved in a group either. I am in Virginia.

I would love to do a Flat Stanley project! We just finished up with a couple of his books. I love the idea of dressing him up, and taking him on a trip before mailing him back!!!

I don't know how to get involved in a group either. I am in Virginia.

here is the link to group

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/homeschoolswapadventures/