Menu

Getting a new cell phone is like....

....pulling teeth?

....buying a used car?

....buying mattresses?

just venting.

i cannot believe how often the prices change on the phones online.... maybe every two hours or less?

i really just need a nice basic cell phone, pref. with a keyboard so that i can text more easily.

do you think it would be possible to have one of those that has good voice quality and an ok camera? that doesn't require a data plan?

and i'm wondering who writes all those reviews.... on many of the phones, they are either the worst or the best.... sigh....

if we got reception at the house from anything other than AT&T maybe it would be easier? maybe not....

that's all.

ann

ps. if any of you have a non smart phone that seems as if it might meet the requirements and not randomly shut off, i'd love to hear about it...

Take a look at "Straight Talk." They have upper end phones and their monthly plan for 1000 minutes and 40kb texting starts at $30.00.

For $40.00 a month, you get unlimited minutes, not sure about the texting but probably also much higher or unlimited.

We have a phone through Net10 that we like. Fifty bucks a month for unlimited talk/text/internet, and the phone itself works well and has a little slide down keyboard, and was, I think, around thirty-five dollars. There's no contract, I just buy an unlimited card at Kmart for fifty bucks each month.

I have the Samsung Evergreen through AT&T. It slides open sideways to open a full keyboard, has a decent camera, and i haven't had any problem hearing on it, even with 4 kids also talking as I try to take a call. Although it can go online, it is not necessary and I have no data plan. I have had it about 6 weeks now and like it. I also like that it has a USB cord so I can download pictures directly to the computer without going through all the rigamarole like with previous phones.