Menu

Epgy open enrollment

mta

I've done a bit of a search and seen posts before about this. My child has been using the individual open enrollment program but it is no longer offered. We're not affiliated with a school so can't join through their open enrollment program. Sadly, we can't really afford the full program at the moment as it's many thousands of dollars per year.

A previous poster mentioned that you can make a 'school' group of homeschoolers. Is anyone doing this at the moment with a vacancy we could fill? Alternatively, would anyone like to make a new group with me?

I would go in on one. Sounds like a good plan. Maybe you can get a group started on here.

Yeah, this is a great idea. I am also interested. I just called Stanford to get more information on their current Open Enrollment policy. The women I spoke with was very helpful. She explained that the school simply can't handle all the questions and other administrative tasks from thousands of individuals in the Open Enrollment program. With group representatives it becomes much more scalable and manageable. For the low price they are charging I would agree that it makes more sense. One of the frustrations that they find is that while people are initially interested they don't want to volunteer to take on additional responsibilities of being a liason responsible for a group.

Edited by dereksurfs

Super! If seven other people are interested we'd eagerly form a group. Happy to try the group liaison thing too. I will also send a message to melmichigan to make sure she has no vacancies.

Thank you all so much! I think the group program is probably better value for money anyway, as you get the language arts program as well as the math program.

Guest blissfule

My daughter and I were shocked and disappointed to learn that she couldn't re-enroll this time. So glad to find this thread and understand the administrative reasoning behind it.

Definitely consider me in when you form a group!

Guest blissfule

Oh, and I know it looks bad that I've only posted one time just for this, but I've been lurking for ages. My 5yo is gifted and this forum has been reassuring as I navigate these uncharted waters. She's zoomed through to grade 2.6 on her EPGY math, having joined for the first time in July. She has 3 younger siblings and the computer program is a lifesaver for us so she stays challenged and I don't have to provide much input.

My 6 and 8 year olds are currently doing this through open enrollment. I'm confused. Does this mean that we won't be able to pay and re-enroll when our time is up (which would be a couple of months?)

I guess I need to get over to the yahoo group and ask there, eh?

Guest blissfule
I'm confused. Does this mean that we won't be able to pay and re-enroll when our time is up (which would be a couple of months?)

I guess I need to get over to the yahoo group and ask there, eh?

I didn't know there was a Yahoo! group, but that's what happened to me. I tried to re-enroll and the re-enrollment button said "Pay $0 to re-enroll". I thought the price was a little low, but I tried and tried to pay and finally submitted a support ticket. This is the response I received:

Hi Elisa,

Unfortunately, the EPGY Individual Open Enrollment K-7 Math course is no longer

available.

If you wish to continue with self-supported courses with us you will need to

enroll in the group Open Enrollment Program. Go to

https://epgy.stanford.edu/school/openenroll/index and click "Get Started" in

the middle to begin the registration process.

Please email epgy-admin@epgy.stanford.edu with any further questions.

--

Thank You,

Does anyone know if they have changed their policy to open in up to those outside of the US and Canada? If so, you can count us in.

I have been trying to find this out for awhile. How does this work. Do they block you if you have internet access outside of the US. We are in Mexico, just a few minutes from the border. Having to cross everyday would not be an option. i do have a US billing address, though.

Danielle

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just joined the forum. Found this post and am confused. I understand from other threads that the language arts open enrollment is for schools or groups.

This morning I signed up my child for K7 Mathematics Individual Open Enrollment at a cost of $45 for three months. The enrollment is set to expire in April.

The renewal option to extend enrollment to July is for $0 and I am unable to renew. I admit I am not the smartest person on earth but I am stumped why I am able to enroll for an initial 3 months and unable to renew. Unless the initial enrollment is considered a trial period.

Any thoughts?

• 3 months later...

I'm going to bump this back up with the same question.... are there still spots available in a group?

I haven't heard much about this although I've seen it referenced on the board. It looks fantastic and would be great for my DS. Curious to look at it more if there's any way to get involved... Thanks!!