Menu

You know what drives me crazy?

It's not walla/wallah, it's VOILA. With a V!

whelp/welt

passed/past

More than anything, I'm bugged by the extraneous apostrophes that are EVERYWHERE. I don't expect people to be perfect, and maybe it's wrong that I hold home schoolers to a higher standard, but I'm always embarrassed to see that mistake. But then again, maybe the non-hsing public doesn't know any better, either, and my embarrassment is for naught.

This is something I have noticed as I just recently moved to Missouri. People will say whenever when they mean when. An example, "I will get milk whenever I go to the store." I think it is just funny--a lot (watched myself there!) of people do it here. Some of the old timers even say "you'uns". Our realtor asked us if you'uns would like something to drink. :lol:

I'm such a stickler about not ending my sentences with a preposition. If I have to make an extra long sentence or word it crazy to avoid doing so, I will. It's just my thing. When I read novels and the author ends sentences with a preposition, I notice each and every one.

Maybe this will help. :001_smile:

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/top-ten-grammar-myths.aspx