Menu

Superbowl Snacks ~ What are you serving?

Well we only watch college football :p....but our favorite snack is one can of no bean chili w/ a stick of cream cheese blended/warmed together. It is soooo good and we eat it with the frito's dippers.

It is one of my favorite "munchies". We now have to triple the recipe since everyone here loves it.

Little Smokies--oh, aren't they awful? Ds loves them, and Dh bought them.

We have our youth group over for the Super Bowl. There are about 40 kids and various adults. We have a projector that shoots the tv picture onto the living room wall--about a 13 ft "screen!" Fun, fun.

We are serving chips and dip, veggies and dip, tortilla chips and sausage dip (brown 1 lb hot sausage, add a can of zesty diced tomatoes and 8 oz cream cheese. Add about a tsp of garlic powder. Stir, serve, have heart attack) and the "dinner parents" are bringing pizza and cake for dessert. Some kids will bring other snackies. THe kids are like locusts, going from room to room, clearing out the food as they go...

It really is fun!

We'll watch, root against the Patriots ...

Anybody but the Patriots!

I like the Packers. Dh & I pulled for the "old" guy Brett Favre (but still younger than we are! :D) all year.

My favorite team, though, is the Colts. I love Peyton Manning because of his funny commercials -- gotta like a guy who doesn't take himself too seriously! But since Peyton didn't make it to the Super Bowl, I'll just root for Eli instead. He's a two-sport athlete, after all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVcm4mHSu9o&feature=related

Being from Buffalo, I loathe the Giants, the Patriots and the Cowboys. Just sayin'

BUTI have a variation on the chicken wing dip. There are no measurements. I just....wait for it...

wing it. (ha!):D

Chicken breasts (poached w/garlic, salt and pepper), shredded

Blue cheese dressing (I buy Marie's extra blue cheese version)

Frank's hot sauce

I add enough blue cheese dressing to moisten the chicken, then add hot sauce until I like the color and taste.

Serve w/tortilla chips and celery.

People LOVE this!

unsinkable