Menu

Exercise Thread 1/1 - 1/7

Pump! has arrived! Oh, my! All the weights were in one box! I got the deluxe version.

As excited as I am, I probably won't look at it until tomorrow or Sunday afternoon. Lots going on this weekend beginning with watching the Arkansas Razorbacks playing Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl! GO HOGS!

That is, btw, why I am "Hoggirl" - b/c I am an Arkansas Razorback fan. Not because I AM a hog or raise hogs or anything like that. :D Though I do sometimes snort if I laugh really hard :lol:.

NO!!! You cannot wait. You announced that you have it. You now MUST open it and DO a workout and tell us all about it!!!!! Please???? Pretty Please?

And, I can add a two mile walk to yesterday's exercise!!! It was 54 here yesterday. That's a temp we just don't see this time of year. I had to take advantage of it! I would've gone out for a run (in shorts!), but I was too tired.

Edited by Jennifer in MI

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pump! has arrived! Oh, my! All the weights were in one box! I got the deluxe version.

As excited as I am, I probably won't look at it until tomorrow or Sunday afternoon. Lots going on this weekend beginning with watching the Arkansas Razorbacks playing Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl! GO HOGS!

That is, btw, why I am "Hoggirl" - b/c I am an Arkansas Razorback fan. Not because I AM a hog or raise hogs or anything like that. :D Though I do sometimes snort if I laugh really hard :lol:.

How can you not open it?! That is crazy.

Can a total slug join this group?

I've been trying to start an exercise habit for a long (and I mean LONG) time. I really need to do it because I need to drop 30-40lbs because that would make my hiatal hernia not flare up as much. I have back issues to which would be helped by a smaller me.

I'm just getting over a horrible chest cold but thought I'd try to get back on the horse today. I got JM 30 day shred on Tuesday and tried level 1 for the first time today. I had to stop in the middle of the 1st cardio circuit for a coughing fit (thought a lung might come up) but then I got some water and started back up. I had to modify a bit toward the end by doing very small movements and very slow jumping jacks in that last circuit, but darn it I made it through.

Now I just have to keep it up.

I've been trying to start an exercise habit for a long (and I mean LONG) time. I really need to do it because I need to drop 30-40lbs because that would make my hiatal hernia not flare up as much. I have back issues to which would be helped by a smaller me.

I'm just getting over a horrible chest cold but thought I'd try to get back on the horse today. I got JM 30 day shred on Tuesday and tried level 1 for the first time today. I had to stop in the middle of the 1st cardio circuit for a coughing fit (thought a lung might come up) but then I got some water and started back up. I had to modify a bit toward the end by doing very small movements and very slow jumping jacks in that last circuit, but darn it I made it through.

Of course you can! That first day is HUGE! You will probably be sore tomorrow - just to warn you. But, you CAN do it again.

That's awesome!!! Good luck in reaching your goal! :)

~~

Zumba for me today. :D

How can you not open it?! That is crazy.

Y'all are HARSH!!! :lol: I did open it last night. I got it all unpacked and looked through everything. I just knew I wasn't going to do any of it last night. Good grief! I had done BBL Sculpt AND Bum Bum already yesterday, it didn't get here until late afternoon, AND the tv that I use for exercising is also the football tv!!! Yea, Hogs!!!

So, I did do some of it this morning. The first thing is the Pump Challenge. It's only 20 minutes long. I used 5-lb weights for all of it which was indicated for beginners, which I am probably not. Although, I did feel the squats and lunges some even with just the 5-lb weights. I definitely need more weight for the chest and back, so I will up to 10-lbs for those portions when I do it again on Monday. The Pump Challenge wasn't very difficult, overall. On Monday I will up the weights for chest and back, but probably leave them the same for squats and lunges. I wish I had some 2.5 lb plates. I will likely go up to 10-lbs for the squats and lunges the third time I do it. Pump Challenge is kind of instructional really. Definitely a nice way to ease into the program. Here is my only complaint: the last circuit uses only the plates, not the bar. Well, the plates the instructors are using have the hole in the middle (where the bar goes) and three openings around the plate. The plates in the kit have the hole in the middle for the bar but only two openings around the plate, which are right across from each other. No way can I get my hand across the 10-lb plate. The instructors have a thumb through one of the outer openings on the plate and their four fingers through an adjacent opening on the plate. No need to reach directly across b/c there are three. Wish I could draw a picture 'cause I am not sure I am making sense. Sooooo, I just had to use my 10-lb dumb bells for the last circuit. I might be able to reach across the 5-lb plates, but that isn't going to be enough weight for me. Trying to put my thumb in the bar hole and my fingers through an opening doesn't give me the proper leverage. So, I wish the plates were identical to those that the instructors are using.

At any rate, I liked Pump Challenge. It's only used maybe three or four times before moving on. Since it was only 20 minutes I also did the Step workout which was part of the deluxe kit. I am really glad I ordered the deluxe kit. Just walking would be really boring to me. As LG knows, I really do not like cardio stuff, but I surprised myself at how much of this I could do!! AND, I really, really LIKED it!!! I do think the Brazil Butt Lift Bum Bum has gotten my heart in better shape even though LG says that isn't truly cardio. Don't get me wrong - I couldn't do the Step DVD straight through without a couple of breaks, and I did have the step on the floor, but I definitely feel like I could get there in a couple of weeks. Interestingly, I thought the circuit before the peak circuit was more challenging than the peak circuit. It's 30 minutes, and I would much rather do that than 45 minutes walking. Having said that, if one were a runner, I think Pump would be a great program to incorporate for some resistance training. You only do the resistance training three times per week and they suggest walking for cardio days. So, runners could just run. And, I think a lot of people are doing hybrids with Pump and Insanity or TurboFire. At least that is what I have seen on the team beachbody message board.

I hope this was informative enough. I will keep posting as I progress through it. Now, quit calling me CRAZY! :D

Y'all are HARSH!!! :lol: I did open it last night. I got it all unpacked and looked through everything. I just knew I wasn't going to do any of it last night. Good grief! I had done BBL Sculpt AND Bum Bum already yesterday, it didn't get here until late afternoon, AND the tv that I use for exercising is also the football tv!!! Yea, Hogs!!!

So, I did do some of it this morning. The first thing is the Pump Challenge. It's only 20 minutes long. I used 5-lb weights for all of it which was indicated for beginners, which I am probably not. Although, I did feel the squats and lunges some even with just the 5-lb weights. I definitely need more weight for the chest and back, so I will up to 10-lbs for those portions when I do it again on Monday. The Pump Challenge wasn't very difficult, overall. On Monday I will up the weights for chest and back, but probably leave them the same for squats and lunges. I wish I had some 2.5 lb plates. I will likely go up to 10-lbs for the squats and lunges the third time I do it. Pump Challenge is kind of instructional really. Definitely a nice way to ease into the program. Here is my only complaint: the last circuit uses only the plates, not the bar. Well, the plates the instructors are using have the hole in the middle (where the bar goes) and three openings around the plate. The plates in the kit have the hole in the middle for the bar but only two openings around the plate, which are right across from each other. No way can I get my hand across the 10-lb plate. The instructors have a thumb through one of the outer openings on the plate and their four fingers through an adjacent opening on the plate. No need to reach directly across b/c there are three. Wish I could draw a picture 'cause I am not sure I am making sense. Sooooo, I just had to use my 10-lb dumb bells for the last circuit. I might be able to reach across the 5-lb plates, but that isn't going to be enough weight for me. Trying to put my thumb in the bar hole and my fingers through an opening doesn't give me the proper leverage. So, I wish the plates were identical to those that the instructors are using.

At any rate, I liked Pump Challenge. It's only used maybe three or four times before moving on. Since it was only 20 minutes I also did the Step workout which was part of the deluxe kit. I am really glad I ordered the deluxe kit. Just walking would be really boring to me. As LG knows, I really do not like cardio stuff, but I surprised myself at how much of this I could do!! AND, I really, really LIKED it!!! I do think the Brazil Butt Lift Bum Bum has gotten my heart in better shape even though LG says that isn't truly cardio. Don't get me wrong - I couldn't do the Step DVD straight through without a couple of breaks, and I did have the step on the floor, but I definitely feel like I could get there in a couple of weeks. Interestingly, I thought the circuit before the peak circuit was more challenging than the peak circuit. It's 30 minutes, and I would much rather do that than 45 minutes walking. Having said that, if one were a runner, I think Pump would be a great program to incorporate for some resistance training. You only do the resistance training three times per week and they suggest walking for cardio days. So, runners could just run. And, I think a lot of people are doing hybrids with Pump and Insanity or TurboFire. At least that is what I have seen on the team beachbody message board.

I hope this was informative enough. I will keep posting as I progress through it. Now, quit calling me CRAZY! :D

Yeah, but how was the music? :tongue_smilie: The Pump Challenge is to get people used the workout. I have it on good authority from another homeschooling BB coach, there is a lot more fun to be had.

I did 15 minutes yesterday and 25 minutes today on my stationary bike. I thought I had fixed it, but the chain and wheel keep catching and I'm getting a burning smell toward the end.

I keep thinking I'll find a way to work around my morning sickness and my husband's work schedule. So far I'm not having much success. Now I need to come up with another brilliant plan. I don't do videos, and I'm limited by my desire to keep this diastasis at a reasonable width. It's a shame my husband can't change his schedule. :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, but how was the music? :tongue_smilie: The Pump Challenge is to get people used the workout. I have it on good authority from another homeschooling BB coach, there is a lot more fun to be had.

I have no doubt that it will ramp up quickly and kick me in the booty! :D I do think it is going to be a super program to work though. I am really glad I got it as I badly needed something new.

I liked the music. I couldn't tell the intent of you :tongue_smilie: emoticon.

Did you read the part about the plates being different from those of the instructors?

Hi everyone!

I haven't been posting here but I still have been working out.

Today I decided to be a little crazy and workout like a crazy woman :D

At the gym I did:

BodyStep with the athletic circuit

Power Yoga

BodyCombat

All back to back and I am so pumped that I made it through three classes and didn't feel like dying.

I have no doubt that it will ramp up quickly and kick me in the booty! :D I do think it is going to be a super program to work though. I am really glad I got it as I badly needed something new.

I liked the music. I couldn't tell the intent of you :tongue_smilie: emoticon.

Did you read the part about the plates being different from those of the instructors?

I did. What about just holding the plate like you would a kettle ball? I will ask my team about what they are doing with the difference.

I have to get through P90X2 before I can start Pump.

Hi everyone!

I haven't been posting here but I still have been working out.

Today I decided to be a little crazy and workout like a crazy woman :D

At the gym I did:

BodyStep with the athletic circuit

Power Yoga

BodyCombat

All back to back and I am so pumped that I made it through three classes and didn't feel like dying.

I am glad you posted this because I was feeling whiny. I went for a long run (for me) and am on my way to do X2 Balance and Power and I am certainly NOT feelin' it.

Press on, press on.

I did. What about just holding the plate like you would a kettle ball? I will ask my team about what they are doing with the difference.

I have to get through P90X2 before I can start Pump.

I don't know anything about kettle balls, so I sure don't know how to hold one. I think, however, the weight needs to be more evenly balanced at least for this one move he does, if that makes any sense. Which it probably doesn't. I'll see what it is called tomorrow. Might be the Mac???

Is this the Pump workout everyone here is talking about?

If so that is AWESOME there is an at home version. They offer this at the gym I attend and it is a great class. Does anyone know if it is the same or if it is modified?

Well I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be after day 1 of level 1 of 30d shred. So I did it again today. That's 2 days in a row. That's a record for me. Today I did my best to just keep plugging along. I didn't have the coughing fit I had yesterday, but that last set of jumping jacks almost did me in.

I like it so far but wish there were other cardio options than jumping stuff since I have big bOOks and even with a high quality bOOKshelf things bounce a little more than is comfortable.

Well I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be after day 1 of level 1 of 30d shred. So I did it again today. That's 2 days in a row. That's a record for me. Today I did my best to just keep plugging along. I didn't have the coughing fit I had yesterday, but that last set of jumping jacks almost did me in.

I like it so far but wish there were other cardio options than jumping stuff since I have big bOOks and even with a high quality bOOKshelf things bounce a little more than is comfortable.

Have you tried doubling up? I wear either a regular "shelf" with a sports "shelf" over top, or a sports "shelf" with an exercise top that has a built-in "shelf" over top. One "shelf" is just never enough! :lol:

Have you tried doubling up? I wear either a regular "shelf" with a sports "shelf" over top, or a sports "shelf" with an exercise top that has a built-in "shelf" over top. One "shelf" is just never enough! :lol:

I'll give that a try. I have some sports tops that have a built in shelf so maybe that over my already heavy duty sports shelf will help keep the bounce to a minimum.