Menu

Very sad - dc's guinea pig died...

It's been a very sad day here. My dc's guinea pig died today and they are broken hearted. We've had her for five years and they were very attached to her.

We were very unprepared for this. She has not been sick once in the five years we've had her - not once. Overnight she went downhill and when dc's woke up this morning she was extremely lethargic w/labored breathing. I suspected she was dying but because we are in the upper 90's here & very humid, we tried to blame it on her just being hot but it soon became obvious that it was something worse.

At least they were able to spend her last hours with her. There were many, many tears. Dh dug a hole and the girls prepared a shoe box to bury her in. We prayed and then they made little wooden grave markers that dh hammered in.

RIP Lily :(

We have two piggies, to which my daughter and I, especially, are very attached. We got them as babies, and they are now about four years old. We knew when we adopted them that the life expectancy for guinea pigs was between 5 and 7 years. I am already dreading what will happen when they go.

They are such sweet little creatures. My heart goes out to you and your children.

It's been a very sad day here. My dc's guinea pig died today and they are broken hearted. We've had her for five years and they were very attached to her.

We were very unprepared for this. She has not been sick once in the five years we've had her - not once. Overnight she went downhill and when dc's woke up this morning she was extremely lethargic w/labored breathing. I suspected she was dying but because we are in the upper 90's here & very humid, we tried to blame it on her just being hot but it soon became obvious that it was something worse.

At least they were able to spend her last hours with her. There were many, many tears. Dh dug a hole and the girls prepared a shoe box to bury her in. We prayed and then they made little wooden grave markers that dh hammered in.

RIP Lily :(

I'm sorry. Remind your babies that "A righteous man regards the life of his animal." God is very pleased with them for loving his little creature so much!