Menu

Miche bags, pro and con, experience?

So, after years of using one purse at a time, until it basically falls apart, and then scrounging a new one somewhere or purchasing one at a yarn store or knitting/weaving conference (because I HATE to shop, and that's where I actually see cool purses), I am thinking about switching over to the Miche system. I like the idea that I can change purses by switching outside covers. And I like the designs. I feel like this would be a move toward being an actual grown up. As I am in my early 50's, it's about time.

Having said that, I have not paid retail for something like this in a long time, and I want to know whether others have tried it. I used a fairly pricey Jordana Paige bag for a while, and it was so much poorer in quality than others that I was very disappointed. I bought it because it was a gadgety knitting bag, but for the price I also expected it to be durable and well-made, and it was not. (Very cute, though.) So what is Miche quality like? Can it be packed with lots of stuff and the handles not wear out too fast? Do the magnets really work in the long term?

I've had my Miche bag for over 2 years with no real any problems. (I went to a party for a friend thinking to myself that it sounded ridiculous - came home with bag and two covers.) Handles and interior are very durable. However, I do have one cover that has always had magnet issues and it will come off easily if I catch it on something. I love being able to change the look of my bag without switching out contents!

I've had my Miche bag for over 2 years with no real any problems. (I went to a party for a friend thinking to myself that it sounded ridiculous - came home with bag and two covers.) Handles and interior are very durable. However, I do have one cover that has always had magnet issues and it will come off easily if I catch it on something. I love being able to change the look of my bag without switching out contents!

I'm most concerned about how the main purse holds up--especially the handles, since that is what I had trouble with on the Jordana Paige bags. I had two of them. On one, the handle actually broke off, and on the other, the handles rubbed their coverings right off of each other. I was astounded at how cute these bags were to buy, and how impossibly badly they wore.

I've had my Miche bag for years and I love it! The handles have held up well. I have both types of handles, the short ones and the long shoulder strap ones. If there is a problem with the handles you can just replace the handles without having to replace the bag. The magnets work great but don't hang a clip-on watch on the side of the bag in place of wearing a watch. It won't work when it's attached to the magnet. :laugh:

I love being able to change the look of my purse without have to move everything from one to another.

haven't looked at Miche bags, but the description reminds of these, from when I was in middle school. Am I telling my age or what??:tongue_smilie:

Sweet! That will look so cute with my chino LL Bran skirt and my Papagallo espadrilles! Oh! I'll add my embroidered whale belt and matching watch band!!

(I'm guessing we're close to the same age! LOL)