Menu

What do You Do when You're Feeling "Ookie"

So what do you do when you're not super sick but you just feel "ookie". (Dh, an RN, hates this description of my symptoms:D) Ds14 was sick yesterday. In the middle of our lunch out at a restaurant, he started shivering and was feverish. He slept most of the rest of the day and took it easy with computer games and now feels fine. I slept poorly last night and this morning I feel draggy, have a bit of a sore throat and feel just not quite right. I also feel really hot, even though the thermometer says that I don't have a fever. I'm used to powering through my chronic stuff. In the past, I've tried powering through this sort of stuff but then got really sick. I've taken Emergen-C. Do I have permission to ignore the housework etc. (which really needs attending to)? Should I try powering through but on a lower setting? (What I really want to do is to go to bed again with my book but it seems so irresponsible.)

I declare movie and play day! Then I go to bed with a book. Or climb in a bubble bath. I think those breaks have saved me from being very sick a time or two. Take a rest and don't feel guilty! Hope you feel better soon!

Edited by lexi
Not feeling well which is causing an inability to spell!

I go to bed and read or work. I tried to fight off something a few weeks ago. After three days I was done, ended up really sick for four more days. Next time I'm going to just power down for a few days, my body seems to recover faster if I stop fighting.

This time I ended up playing Angry Birds for a few days. Very productive. :tongue_smilie:

Go to bed with your book.

A day in bed now means not having a week in bed later. :D

:iagree: Follow Imp's advice. She's most wise. :001_smile:

Oh, and Jean, I call it 'floopie', not 'ookie'. Floopie pronounced "flew-pee". I *think* I got the word from Phoebe on Friends. It's been YEARS since I watched that show (or, uh, any other show, for that matter), but I STILL have some of their sayings stuck in my head.