Menu

PSA: Do Not Drastically Change Your Hair Color

:D pics???? lol I've been thinking about that purple hair too LOL....side story--my sister always had long dark (almost black) hair...decided to go blonde right before she had to go to a christmas party with her husband (years ago)--she called me into the bathroom to help with her hair and it had awful streaks (lots of different colors)--I had to run to the store and get her some dark hair color LOL...she eventually did go blonde but not that day....:lol:

This is a timely and helpful thread for me, because I was just thinking of going from brunette to blonde, rationalizing that I was a blonde for years when I was in my 20's, and if I remember correctly (admittedly it's all kind of hazy...) I really did have more fun.

But now I'm thinking of touch-ups every 2 weeks, and the eventual progression of the condition of my hair from "Glamorous Blonde" to "Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz," and I have thought better of the idea.

Guess I'll stick with my dark hair and -- ahem, work with me on this -- "platinum highlights." (They are not gray. Really. Sure maybe they're a little gray-ISH, but still not really gray. More platinum. Kind of.)

PS. I'm sorry about your hair disaster. Can you re-color it back to the way it was before it got messed up? :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Yes, that avatar is me.

Well, I didn't get so far as the purple. Yet. My plan was to go to a very light blonde (the better to let that resistant white stuff blend in since I am tired of fighting it) and I had the brilliant idea to dip the ends in the purple dye.

Well, I got the blonde stuff and a box of the brass-be-gone stuff. I was a bit overdue to cover my white roots with my usual (formerly natural) red brown color. You can see where this is going, can't you? Anyway, the blonde stuff and the brass remover did lighten really well but ESPECIALLY on my lovely white roots. The rest of my hair was orange. I had to get another box of brass remover and I am an apricot blonde, I guess. At least on all of my hair but the roots, which are white.

I might just wait until my own white hair grows out to add in the purple ends. Unless I decide orange and purple are a good look.

I wore a snood to church. I had a part in the Christmas Pageant.......

Edited by Rainefox
Edited to add: That is the real me in the avatar. It WILL change soon :)