Menu

How will you be using both new writing programs?

I don't have much to add, as I just received the books on the 23rd and have only read through them briefly.

I did just want to say - I didn't fully realize what The Creative Writer was. I added it to my "wish list" a month or so ago, then pushed the 'buy' button in pre-Christmas shopping mode. For some reason, I was under the impression it was a general "How to teach creative writing" and not an actual "program," if that makes sense. My initial response when I sat down with the book was, "Oops. Shouldn't have bought this." But I sat down and read through it and love it!

My son wants to do creative writing once in a blue moon, so it isn't something I have pushed. But he loves *talking* about writing and words, so I think this book will be great for him. In fact, the books starts out by saying that... well, I will quote the book:

even if your writer does not end up becoming a poet or novelist, the skills she will learn in this book will make her more expressive, more observant of and empathetic with the world around her, and wiser as a humun being. It will give her skills that will be of use in whatever profession she chooses.
I'm trying a new schedule this year and really must get a feel for that before I get too fancy trying to juggle WWS and TCW. :tongue_smilie: I would love to hear what others are thinking...

I'm also not planning on using TCW very formally. My oldest wouldn't want to do it at all, but my middle son was interested enough in it that he wanted it for Christmas. We'll work through it together as he wants to. I'd like my oldest to use it, but that's not going to happen.

I think I would use them separately, one a semester or one a year. WWS is on its way to me, but I also have The Elegant Essay by IEW. I looked at TCW an decided it would be better to use it another year. DH says I'm addicted to writing curriculum. I tend to read them, and do my own thing. I currently own 5 or 6 different programs. :blush: In my defense, I did sell Writing Strands last month! That's one down!

Dorinda

For those of you planning to use WWS and TCW together, how will you implement both? Are there suggestions with the intro, or are you coming up with your own schedule/syllabus?

Blessings,

Lucinda

Dd11 is already about a third of the way through WWS, and I just bought The Creative Writer. So, I won't be synchronizing them. I will just let dd go through The Creative Writer at her own pace, and not on a schedule. For us, it's meant to be a fun supplement.

I watched SWB's new video about the newly released WWS yesterday on Youtube, and she includes a bit about how to add in TCW as a supplement. It was perfect! I highly recommend watching

. It also covers the issue of whether or not to use the IG. Very informative.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I watched SWB's new video about the newly released WWS yesterday on Youtube, and she includes a bit about how to add in TCW as a supplement. It was perfect! I highly recommend watching
. It also covers the issue of whether or not to use the IG. Very informative.

Blessings,

Lucinda

This is a great video. Looks like TCW is meant to add in on the fifth day of the week for a motivated writer. Hhmmmmm