Menu

dumb stomach flu question..advice please

Every Wed. afternoon we have Catechism at our church and the parents take turns providing snacks. The mom who is bringing the snacks today has 2 kids home with the stomach flu. What are the odds of any flu germs being on the food she brings? I don't know if it will be homemade or store boughten...if that matters. In ohter words...should I instruct my kids not to take a snack today trying to prevent the flu from entering our home right before we are taking a Christmas trip to visit relatives?? What would you do? I am flu phobic, i know that enters into this whole thing.

Well I'm stomach flu phobic so this may not be too helpful to you. ;)

If the snack is store bought, I'd think it would be safe. If, OTOH, it was something homemade, I'd tell my kids to skip. All it would take is her having helped one of her kids when they were ill and not washed her hands properly before handling the food. Even with the best intentions of washing hands well contamination can happen.

Paranoid of me? Probably. But stomach virus this close to Christmas? Not worth a 3 min snack IMO.

can't skip the activity...my husband is the Pastor and we are supposed to practice for our Christmas Program for next week....I just tell my kids to NOT put their fingers in their mouths for ANY reason and to be sure to wash their hands often. I would tell them not to breathe too, but that would cause other problems...:001_smile: