Menu

vacation ideas??

My hubby needs some ideas for vacation. My idea is beach vacation. His idea is something adventure. So he asked me to see what your thoughts. I told him if he wants an adventure vacation then he will need to do all the planning and figuring this out.

So what are your ideas of an adventure vacation, ladies?? This can be in Indiana or other states. We do not mind traveling by car but not by plane.

Holly (we are in Indiana)

A cruise? You would both get what you want. But I don't know how long it would take you to get to a port.

I agree with this! Your hubby can do all the adventure things at the ports and you can go to a beach. Then, meet back up on the ship and have dinner every night! Our family loves cruising because there's something for everyone plus plenty of family together time.

What beach would you go to by car from Indiana?

There are *loads* of potential beach/adventure vacations, but you would probably need to fly. If you went to the big island of Hawaii you could do hiking on a volcano, parasailing, surfing, deep sea fishing, snorkeling and get plenty of beach time.

If I was choosing a beach/adventure vacation? I would go with Mexico or Belize.

Now...ideas without a plane? That will depend on how far you are willing to drive.

We have driven to Florida down to Seista Key (off coast of Sarasota) and Venice beach.

We are willing to even drive all the way down to Texas but worried about gas prices as we have an SUV. We are willing to do that. Now to drive to California....probably not as we only plan to take one week off for vacation from work. I can take two weeks off and hubby can take 3 weeks off but we prefer to take one week off or even 1 1/2 week off and keep the other days for here and there time off from work.

Hubby is also thinking about going all the way to the east coast and travel on the seaboard looking at lighthouses. I am not sure if that would be fun or boring. He wants to do something different. I do like the cruise idea. Not sure if he would. hhhmmm

The lighthouse is an example of what he thinks would be fun. Something different and out of the norm. :001_huh:

Thanks!!

Holly

Come down to Florida and swim with the manatees in Crystal River. This is an awesome experience and it's the perfect season for it. There are lots of manatees gathered in the springs where it's 72 degrees year round. Then you can spend the rest of the time on the beach. Best of both worlds.