Menu

In need of a Bible Study for adults

I am a christian but I don't know very much of the bible. I am feeling called to get into the word and really understand the history of the bible. Is there any great bible studies out there for beginners that covers the whole bible? I don't want some quaint icing filled bible study, I want something meaty. Does that make any sense? Thanks!

First of all, I'm so glad you want to know more about the Bible. Your time won't be wasted!

I recommend these quick, yet meaty study guides to start with:

http://store.precept.org/c-27-40-minute-no-homework.aspx

or

http://store.precept.org/c-53-new-inductive-study-series-big-picture-studies.aspx

I've done many different kinds and find these are the most in depth and well written. Sometimes, the answers are 'obvious' but they fit into the big picture. The first set are 'no-homework' and the 2nd set are 15 minutes-a-day of homework. I like them both . Hope this is helpful. Oh- and they arrive really quickly by mail/UPS. Happy reading/studying! :001_smile:

I haven't done this specific Bible study, but have done many from this ministry through the years and have learned SO much from them!

I also own a New International Inductive Bible Study that the founder of this group helped publish. The cross-references are SUPERB and there are wide margins to write notes in your Bible and an outline form for each book, with an introduction at the beginning of each book of the Bible.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this style of learning the Bible. It challenges me to form my own opinions about the scripture and has deepened my walk with God SO much since I started doing inductive Bible studies by Precept in the late 80's.

Here's a 3rd vote for any Bible study from Precept Ministries! Look at the section on this page headed "Just Getting Started." Any of the studies there would be a great place to start.

Let me know if you have any questions & I'll try to answer them or find the answer for you. I've been taking Precept studies for years & am a trained leader.

If you're interested in a study Bible from the ancient church's perspective (the one that gave us the Bible in the first place), I recommend The Orthodox Study Bible. Completely changed my life to see the meaning and intent of the original writers and early church fathers. I know it's a Bible, not a separate study book, but it's a study Bible with numerous articles and text notes verse by verse -- and it definitely meets the criteria of "meaty." HTH!

Edited by milovaný

I agree with the other's suggestions for Precept studies & Experiencing God. Those are fantastic.

I'll add The Attributes of God by A.W. Tozer vol. 1 & vol. 2. They're books of Tozer's sermon series on the Attributes of God with a study guide in the back. OH MY, meat! I wish I'd have read this years ago.