Menu

It's December, so let's share our holiday baking ideas/recipes!

Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookie (Drop Cookie)

1 cup of whole wheat flour

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

3/4 cups regular oats

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

1/4 cup butter, softened

1/4 cup sour cream

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 large egg

3/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine Clour, oats, baking soda and salt. Place sugar, butter and sour cream in bowl and beat at high speed or energetically mix by hand until smooth. Add vanilla and egg, beat again. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring and blending. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.

Drop rounded spoonful about 2 inches apart on baking sheet.

Bake at F350 for about 15 minutes or until edges of cookies are browned.

Munch away!

I'll have to try to describe this since my "picture" computer is down.

I made lots of sugar cookies in the shape of a star. Three different sizes. Then you put them on top of each other, turning them so that the star points vary. They look like little Christmas trees.

I used two or three large ones, stacked and turned, then a couple of middle sized cookies and a small one or two on top.

Use icing as glue to hold them together, and sprinkle with different things. They are the cutest cookies I've ever made.

I made lots of sugar cookies in the shape of a star. Three different sizes. Then you put them on top of each other, turning them so that the star points vary. They look like little Christmas trees.

I used two or three large ones, stacked and turned, then a couple of middle sized cookies and a small one or two on top.

Use icing as glue to hold them together, and sprinkle with different things. They are the cutest cookies I've ever made.

These sound waaaaaay cute! Do you ice all of them completely, or just use it as glue where it won't show? I'd like more details on how you do this, if you don't mind sharing.

It was a huge mess but I was thrilled with the results, so here goes.

I used a homemade icing.

1 large eggwhite

1t lemon juice

1 and 1/2 cups conf. sugar

I iced only the top of the first big star. Just painted the icing on with a paintbrush. Paint it on heavily and let the excess drip off. Then quickly put whatever else you want there. Sometimes I put it facedown in colored sugar, and other times I used some tweezers to place little "pearl" balls on the tips of the star. Then I took the next big star, iced it all over both sides and carefully placed it on the first. Then decorated it. So on and so on. You can put a glob on the bottom of one and carefully push it down onto the bottom one. I used a chopstick to help so my fingers wouldn't stick and mess it up.

They were all pretty great, I can say that because it wasn't my idea! Saw it somewhere on the computer. The ones that were really gorgeous were a few I made with just two stars, a big and a medium, coated with clear colored icing and decorated with the pearl balls. The icing dries to a clear shiny gloss.

I also made some tiny Christmas trees, about an inch long, added green food coloring to the icing, painted the trees and put the sugar pearls on the tips.

You have to let them dry completely but once they do the icing holds really well. The little star trees look great around a gingerbread house.

I've got a good recipe for shape cookies that holds the shape really well and tastes good too. Took me a lot of tries to find the right one. Let me know if you need it.

Edited by Remudamom

I made these today for a cookie exchange and they turned out great and taste amazing!

Cheesecake Filled Thumbprints (adapted from Martha Stewart)

Filling:

4 ounces cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 egg yolk

1 1/2 tsp. sour cream

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Cookies:

1 cup butter, softened

1/4 cup sugar

1 egg yolk

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups flour

Make filling first.

Beat together cream cheese, sugar and salt until fluffy and smooth. Stir in egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.

Beat together butter, sugar, egg yolk and salt. Stir in flour (do not over beat) and mix until dough forms. Form dough into 24 balls and set on cookie sheets. Wet finger (or use handle of a spoon) and make a deep indentation – do now worry about how wide it is yet. Cookies will spread anyway.

Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and press in middles to re-make indentations. Turn cookies sheets and bake cookies another 7 minutes or until edges start to brown a bit. Remove from oven and fill indentations with cream cheese filling, using a small teaspoon. Return cookies to oven and bake for another 7 minutes.

Cool completely and chill for several hours before serving.

It was a huge mess but I was thrilled with the results, so here goes.

I've got a good recipe for shape cookies that holds the shape really well and tastes good too. Took me a lot of tries to find the right one. Let me know if you need it.

Thanks for all the instructions! I'd love the recipe that you used! Thanks, again.

We are planning to do this!! I got a set of star shapped cookie cutters from Avon in about 10 different sizes for $4. I am so excited about it!

I just made these for the first time and they're tasty. I didn't add the glaze.

Cookies:

1 1/4 c white sugar

3/4 c butter, softened

1/2 c eggnog

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 egg yolks

1 tsp nutmeg

2 1/4 c flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Eggnog Glaze:

1 1/2 c powdered sugar

3 TBL eggnog

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 300°F

2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.

3. Cream sugar and butter until light

4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.

5. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.

6. Do not over mix

7. Spoon onto un-greased cookie sheets or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small, they will spread generously in the oven.

8. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.

9. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges barely start to brown.

10. While cookies are in the oven, make the eggnog glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.

11. Glaze your cookies warm or cooled and top with cinnamon.

These were a big hit with the kids.

Edited by TN Mama

I tried the oatmeal ones and they were fantastic! I did have to replace the flour with Pamelas baking mix and gluten free oatmeal. It worked perfect!! Thanks so much. I am going to try the others with my GF substitutions.

How fun :001_smile: