Menu

Grammar folks, hekp make this sound intelligent

I'm sure my parents have kept you informed of the highlights of Bobby's and my life (lives?)

Nothing I've been able to come up with sounds correct. The sentence (and letter) is going to an elderly great-aunt I've not seen in over 20 years.

Bobby is your brother?

"Bobby's and my life" would be correct.

I'm sure my parents have kept you informed of the highlights of Bobby's and my life (lives?)

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but could you change it slightly? To something like: I'm sure my parents have kept you informed of the highlights of our life. I don't want to repeat too much of what you may already know, but, in case you haven't heard, Bobby and I have.... and then maybe go on to tell of a couple of things that she (or you) might feel are the most important.

Am I allowed to giggle at the 'hekp' in your title first? :tongue_smilie::lol:

Yes, yes. Whatever!

I can't see clearly today.

Wait until tomorrow. Things will change and I'll be able to see. Then I'll be highly embarrassed and annoyed at myself. You may ridicule at will then. LOL

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but could you change it slightly? To something like: I'm sure my parents have kept you informed of the highlights of our life. I don't want to repeat too much of what you may already know, but, in case you haven't heard, Bobby and I have.... and then maybe go on to tell of a couple of things that she (or you) might feel are the most important.

That is perfect. Thank you.