Menu

Uses for tahini?

While looking through the pantry I just realized that I have EIGHT jars of tahini! I have no idea how I managed to accumulate so much of it.

I use tahini for sesame noodles and for making hummus. How do you use tahini? I need to use this up because some of it is getting old and I'd hate to end up just throwing it all away.

ETA: We REALLY dislike falafel. Yuck!

This morning I found 2 open jars in my refrigerator. Is this an epidemic? Jars of tahini are infiltrating our homes?

I've no other ideas -- just hummus. Also, in the summer I like it with cucumbers and tomatoes, but it's about 40F here, and that really doesn't sound too appealing. So, :bigear:

:blushing: I don't really have a recipe for it; it is *loosely* based on a sherry/soy sauce marinade for stir fry from the Joy of Cooking, but basically, I throw in whatever I have in the fridge. Usually that involves mixing some stone ground mustard with olive or sesame oil--and in this case, tahini!--adding chopped fresh ginger and garlic, tamari, whatever "Chinese-y" sauces are in the fridge, and maybe some wine, or sherry, or even whiskey, if that is all I have right then. All alcohol is clearly optional in this scenario.:D IMO, the marinade is good on both beef and chicken, and tastes best if it marinates about 4 hours or so. Too long and it gets kinda salty; to short and it is kinda tasteless. :001_smile: