Menu

Thoughts on this narration from WWE3 Week 29; 9 year old DS

Halcyon

My son did this narration on his own (meaning he wrote it himself), and I'd like feedback. I have included all errors as he wrote them. The "led dictation" instructions were to write 3-4 sentences on the Britons, using details.

"When Julius Caeser landed in Deal it was an unknown part of the world, and the only people who lived there were savages. The savages were the Britons but they were not called that back then. The savages usually did not wear shirts and somtimes painted themselves. These fierce fighters almost held back Julius Ceasar's army. Julius Caesar came back the following year and travelled a little farther into the country. He found out that the savages' houses were mostly made of stones and were not huge castles, and that they hunted boars, wolves and other forest animals.

First of all, it's longer than the instructions suggested. Other than that, thoughts?

I think it's very good! I would particularly be pleased with his punctuation on the possessive form of savages and on his spelling. The information he included is very good. Combining those shorter sentences into compound sentences will come over time. Really, this looks fantastic, I think he's doing quite well.

I think it's very good! I would particularly be pleased with his punctuation on the possessive form of savages and on his spelling. The information he included is very good. Combining those shorter sentences into compound sentences will come over time. Really, this looks fantastic, I think he's doing quite well.

Thank you. He did misspell Caesar as Ceasar once, but I figure that's normal. We have been working hard on plural possessives, so I am happy he caught that.