Menu

do you love your vacuum cleaner??

Yes ! It is a Bissel Powerforce Bagless I bought at WM for $43 ! Lightweight, strong suction, very strong brush, great on hard floors, area rugs, carpet, sucks up pet hair and grit equally well. So light it's even easy to vacuum the stairs ! Easy, simple attachments. Only drawback is the very short cord. Oh it is also easy to clean. I have to clean it every time I use it due to all the fluffy dog hair in our house, but it's easy. I will not clog as long as you keep it emptied out. As for cleaning the donut shaped filter in the bottom, I just vacuum it off with the dustbuster !

I've had my kenmore canister for 11 years and I love it. A part broke about 4 years ago, so I had a brief flirtation with an upright bagless. I learned that I hate upright and I REALLY hate bagless. It didn't work at all on my hard floors so I was reduced to sweeping. I bought the part and fixed my kenmore. I then vacuumed the whole house and FILLED the bag. Even with a dog it takes me a couple months to fill a bag. My broom is once again retired.

ETA My vacuum does have a cord and it's really long. I never clean it other than pulling the hair out of the brushes (use a seam ripper) a couple times a year. I've changed the filters a couple times in the last ten years :-/

Edited by KungFuPanda

I have two.

Not cordless, but... For a home with pet hair, I love my Hoover Windtunnel. No kidding... This thing once sucked up one of my husband's dress shirts without a hiccup. Cat hair is no problem, and it really gets edges and is easy to maneuver (but heavy).

Cordless to the extreme... Love love love my Roomba after 2 years of steady use. You have to empty its little basket regularly, but that's okay; I mean, it does everything else by itself while you are off teaching the kids or washing dishes, and it even gets all the way under the bed, which is awesome for those of us with dust allergies. Suddenly daily vacuuming is no problem (I am way too busy to do it myself). I cannot live without Roomba!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my vacuum. Actually I love my two vacuums that came together in the package:

Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum with Canister, Bagged, UH30010COM [/b]

No, they are not cordless, but they work wonderfully. The canister with strap that goes over the shoulder is an excellent tool. I use it on my hardwood floors, furniture, carpet edges and all of those hard to get places, vents, you name it. The upright unit is powerful and fluffs up my carpets. I am so glad a spent the extra money and finally got a decent vacuum cleaner.

I find it really easy to use and it's powerful. We had a cleaner for a while when I was injured and she used her own vacuum cleaner. When I started cleaning again the Dyson was full after every room - it was picking up so much more than the cleaner's one. Not cordless though.

Laura

I love my Dyson. We've had it for 8 years. Besides embarrassing me with the amount of dirt it picks up, it has great features, not the least of which, in a house with children, is that the entire air track snaps apart at strategic locations so I can retrieve the pencil/hairpin/Lego guy/whatever that gets sucked up and can't make it through the J loop into the cannister.

We had to replace the hose (eldest daughter vacuumed down the stairs with the hose, which became crimped after the vacuum proper tumbled down on it), which also just snaps off, and we added a second HEPA filter at that point so we can vacuum when one is drying.

I do love my vacuum but we have a whole house central Vac system. It is a 220 voltage and gets up EVERYTHING.

That said, I haven't ever seen a cordless that is that great in terms of picking up everything. It just can't get the suction power I really feel I need.

Dawn