Menu

Who is using TOG year 3 redesigned next Fall?

Langhaven

but have recently come to the conclusion that my oldest can no longer be 100% homeschooled by me, so he is going to a co-op that uses something else.

They offer classes for the younger crowd studying the same subjects, which my two younger dd's are wanting to join.

So, it might just be me and my 12 y.o. using yr.3

Sigh...what's that line about the best laid plans?

Wow! I had not known that there were so many of you out there on this forum! Are you all on the TOG blog roll? I just joined, and I'm looking forward to contributing what we are doing on a weekly basis there, as well as perusing to see what is happening with other Year 3 home schools! I'm hoping the production time is correct so that we can have an early August start time. With family visiting during the school year, family camps and the like, our early start will even out over the first two months to being just on track.

I'll be looking for you all as the year begins! :grouphug:

If we ever get through yr2.:) My dc are 15, 14 (both doing rhetoric), 12 (dialectic phase-in next year), 10 (UG), and 5 (no TOG, but FIAR, SOTW, MUS, ETC, and a minor in sandbox).

I am considering doing the unit notebooks I saw somewhere on this board. Also considering actually DOING some hands-on stuff next year. Anyone else changing things up a bit for TOG3?

tonya

Yes, I am doing the individualized notebooks too, once the first installment comes. I really think this well help us be more throrough each week and end the frenzy on the weekends of copying assignments. I'm going to work more on consistent read alouds for the younger set, since dd (3rd grade) is coming on board. I believe that the *thinking through* of creating notebooks will allow me to be more purposeful instead of led through the year.

Pam

• 3 weeks later...

I have used years 1 and 2. We basically took off a year of TOG because we moved to a farm and had a baby all within a month and I had too much going on! Not to mention we live near Williamsburg & Jamestown, so did the Vision Forum 400th celebration and got stuck in the Colonial period...didn't pick it up again...had too much fun. ;-)

Can anyone "sell" me on the redesign?

Stacey

Wow! I had not known that there were so many of you out there on this forum! Are you all on the TOG blog roll? I just joined, and I'm looking forward to contributing what we are doing on a weekly basis there, as well as perusing to see what is happening with other Year 3 home schools! I'm hoping the production time is correct so that we can have an early August start time. With family visiting during the school year, family camps and the like, our early start will even out over the first two months to being just on track.

I'll be looking for you all as the year begins! :grouphug:

What is the TOG blog roll? I'll join!

Penny