Menu

Do you give .5 credit for a seperate Grammar study?

If you are doing a straight forward English credit, include the grammar program in that.

If you were doing a Literature credit then you'd possibly give a credit for grammar. Although I think I'd give 1/4 credit. OR you could give a composition credit for grammar and writing.

No.

Grammar is usually included in the English credit. Using something like Easy Grammar, you would most likely combine that with your choice of Composition (Writing) program, and that would together comprise half of your English credit for the year, with the other half coming from Literature study.

At the high school level, grammar is generally used as a tool to assist with other subjects, such as composition; foreign language; or speech/debate; etc.

I wouldn't give .5 credit for grammar only. In our case, I gave .5 credit for grammar and composition combined (called it Grammar & Composition 9, 10, etc, on the transcript), but we had literature courses that I felt warranted a full credit by themselves. So I guess it depends on how intensive your literature is, and how you want to count composition.

Or do you include it as part of your general English credit?

For ex; dd is doing Easy Grammar Plus.

Thank you!

Grammar is part of our 1 credit for English. I would give .5 credit if I was assigning an extra portion of Literature, though.