Menu

upset about Bible purchase!

I bought a bible for my friend, as a wedding gift. It is a wedding edition, with a place to record the wedding attendants, wedding picture, and a place for the Priest to sign it as a "wedding certificate". that is all fabulous. However, it specifically lists that it has "beautifully illustrated family record pages." I assumed that meant a family record, that is, a place to record births and deaths, or a family tree. It does not. Instead there is a place to record the wedding attendants. That will work,it is still a nice gift, but not at all what I wanted. I wanted them to be able to record things in it all their lives. Not just their wedding.

Grr. It is too late to order something else, and I had it personalized, so no returns anyway.

UPDATE: I'm an idiot! The family record pages are in the very center, not in the front. They are gorgeous, and it is perfect!!!

Edited by ktgrok

I would certainly think that if it's not as described you should be able to return it (and a place to write down wedding attendants doesn't qualify as "family record pages" IMO -- in Bible-world, " family record pages" would mean a place to write births and deaths like you mentioned). Is it worth a shot?

Although that doesn't solve your immediate problem. I'm sorry that happened.

It still sounds like a wonderful gift and it is personalized so I doubt you can return it. Do people still record births and deaths in their bibles anymore? I wonder if you can get the attendants to maybe write a note in the Bible for the couple.

It still sounds like a wonderful gift and it is personalized so I doubt you can return it. Do people still record births and deaths in their bibles anymore? I wonder if you can get the attendants to maybe write a note in the Bible for the couple.

What a beautiful idea!!!! I think I may do that!!! It would help take attention away from my horrible chicken scratch. I wrote a little inscription, but it looks awful, and there is nothing I can do about that. But if lots of people wrote in it, that would be less obvious, lol.

And although the company might allow a return, based on the descritpion and actual product, they don't have anything I want more, I don't think. It took me FOREVER to find a R.Catholic Bible that was gift worthy, that I could personalize, that was in my price range. I just don't think I could find another one. And honestly, there isn't time. Her wedding is Saturday.

This will still be a lovely gift, just not what I was looking for. Possibly just as good though.

I have all my childrens' birthdays written in my bible and have recorded a few deaths of friends. :) I also have a few of my favorite hymns written in there as well.

I honestly think this is a very nice, very thoughtful idea, but I would never write in someone else's Bible. A Bible can be a very personal thing, and I know I wouldn't like mine treated like a yearbook. You have no idea what someone is going to write....some people will go for humor or an off color reference.

I bought a bible for my friend, as a wedding gift. It is a wedding edition, with a place to record the wedding attendants, wedding picture, and a place for the Priest to sign it as a "wedding certificate". that is all fabulous. However, it specifically lists that it has "beautifully illustrated family record pages." I assumed that meant a family record, that is, a place to record births and deaths, or a family tree. It does not. Instead there is a place to record the wedding attendants. That will work,it is still a nice gift, but not at all what I wanted. I wanted them to be able to record things in it all their lives. Not just their wedding.

Grr. It is too late to order something else, and I had it personalized, so no returns anyway.

UPDATE: I'm an idiot! The family record pages are in the very center, not in the front. They are gorgeous, and it is perfect!!!

LOL. Not like I would ever do anything like this, missing the pages....

NO. Not me. ;)

Glad you like it.

It sounds like a lovely gift.

Although I wouldn't give it as a give (atheist here), I honestly and sincerely think you should post a link to where you bought this gift, if possible. I'm sure that there are many here that would like this as a potential gift for friends/family members of theirs. Please post.

*needs a "sincere" smiley*

It sounds like a lovely gift.

Although I wouldn't give it as a give (atheist here), I honestly and sincerely think you should post a link to where you bought this gift, if possible. I'm sure that there are many here that would like this as a potential gift for friends/family members of theirs. Please post.

*needs a "sincere" smiley*

Happy to! http://www.allbibles.com/itemdesc.asp?Ic=9780899426006

They have all sorts of Bibles, but this one was perfect for my needs. And a GREAT price.