Menu

For those who buy Boden clothes...

I love Boden clothes. I have cute pants, dresses, skirts and shirts that I bought for my oldest that have been passed to the youngest and then down to the a third or fourth girl. They've worn well.

My girls are on the tall/thin side and the clothes have fit them perfectly. They changed from European to American sizes at some point since we've been wearing them, but check the descriptions and size measurements. We've also never had trouble with returns. One thing to watch for is they run out of their stock almost every season. So if you order something and want to exchange for a different size, that size probably won't be available, and you'll get the refund instead which is fine, but not as good as a pair of pants or the perfect sweater. I've been known to buy things we really like in a couple of sizes in case they don't carry it the next year. I blame Boden for my girls' love of long, twirly skirts and comfy pants.

I think they fit pretty true-to-size although I don't think that I've ever ordered pants from them before. I have ordered skirts, dresses, and tons of shirts though. I usually order my regular U.S. size unless I read in the review section that something is running large or small. In the past, many of the shirts seemed to run shorter than I like, but I haven't noticed that as much recently. The fabrics and quality usually are very good.

The kids' clothing is fun, colorful, and fairly sturdy. The girls' shirts used to seem to run a bit small, but I think they fixed that as well.

I'm generally very happy with Boden. :001_smile:

Edited by edelweiss
Grammar

I've been really happy with their kids stuff. I ordered a bunch of adult stuff once and ended up sending it back. I just didn't think the items were particularly well-made for the cost. For kids' items, we've mostly done t-shirts and tops. They seem to fit well and similar to the size charts given. (I don't order pants from them because they don't offer slims, but the sizing seems to be similar to standard sizing from other brands.)

I bought a skirt for me once. I was debating between ordering a size 8 or 10. I wear both--it all depends on who makes it. I ordered a 10 which I then returned for an 8. With shipping AND returns both free, it wasn't a big deal to have to do that. Save your shipping materials and open carefully. They can be reused for a return. For the kiddos I've ordered some twirly skirts (true to size) and some pants. The pants are the classic jeans and the reviews were describing them as tending to be too skinny. That was just what I wanted for my skinny leggy dd. I was debating between an 9 or 10 for her and based on the comments went with a 10. They were perfect. I bought another pair when they next went on sale. We've been happy with the quality--they're the kind of clothes that will last long enough to be passed down through all 3 girls.

Only ordered for myself, not my boys... Mostly true to size. I read the reviews first and go off them if I am debating which direction to go. I only order when they offer free shipping both ways, so if it doesn't fit it doesn't cost me anything other than a trip to the post office. In fact I just received a coat in the mail yesterday that I thought might work during this winter while pregnant, but clearly not going to be the case. It will go back with the free return shipping. It does seem to take a while longer than other places for returns to be processed and refunded to my card, but eventually it all goes through.

We love Boden here. DD is 8 1/2 - thin and average height.

Pants - 9

shirts - 9/10

coats/jackets/sweatshirts - 9/10

Read the reviews. They are usually accurate. Some of the shirts have tight arms, which is annoying. Many shirts will shrink. Be careful.

FYI, dd is an 8 in Gap pants and an 8 in Gap shirts. She could fit into 10 shirts, but 8s still fit her without looking small at all.