Menu

Who was in the room with you during your deliveries

Don't want to be left out of this one!

When DD 1 was delivered, there was a TON of people; lots of other kids, DH extended family and our facilitator.

When DD2 was delivered there were several workers, 2 other moms and their new babies, DH, BF, and our facilitator.

Oh, DD1 was delivered to us in an orphanage in Viet Nam. The extended family was her Birthmother, grandmother and Uncle.

DD2 was delivered to us in an government building in China. :D

I love it! Thank you for sharing!!! :001_wub:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With #1: hospital: my exH and medical personnel

With #2: hospital: my DH and medical personnel

With #3: home birth: my DH, neighbor, and DD2

Baby came too fast for the Midwife to get there in time! She arrived about 5 minutes too late. And I had no one to watch DD2 because of how quick he came. She was not meant to see the birth. At 2.5 years, she was pretty traumatized for about a week. DD1 would not wake up to help entertain her sister. She slept through the whole thing... and I was LOUD.

With #4: home birth: my DH, Midwife, and her assistant

All of the kids were in another room with a mother's helper and Blue's Clues playing loudly. :lol:

1st son : my now EX-Ndh (Not dear husband)

2nd son: my mom AND dad (I thought he was going to die of embarrassment), and 2 of my younger sisters, one of whom cut the cord. {Going through divorce so no EX-Ndh}

3rd-4th sons: my new dh and my mom

last and only girl: my dh. The delivery room was small so I could only have one person there.

This. I had a c-section and there seemed to be A LOT of medical staff though.

It will be the same for this birth.

I had my c-section in a teaching hospital and had the nicu team in the room for ds. I can't believe they fit that many people in the room lol With my 2nd it was a different hospital but I still had my ob, the resident dr, 4 nurses the anesthetist off and on, and the pulmonary team again for dd. 3rd was back at the teaching hospital but not as crowded as with the first, this time ony like 3 nurses, the anesthetist, and the dr for the very end. The last was only the EMTs and the nurse. But I had been bouncing back and forth between hospitals and had seen lots of staff before she was born. And once we got to the hosp. I had like 6 nurses working on me and the nicu team whisking her away.