Menu

Prayer Request

Today my sister is going to court to fight for Legal Guardianship of my nephew who is 18 but is Mentally and Physically disabled. Her ex husband took him to Florida leaving my niece (13) behind. Her ex is emotionally and physically abusive. No one has talked to my nephew sense. My sister and niece went to Florida for the hearing. If you could send a prayer their way it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks.. I didn't get all the details but her ex was awarded full legal guardianship. The judge wouldn't allow my sister to speak and she didn't have an attorney to represent her (not enough money..) so basically they just awarded it to her ex and called the next case. Somehow she's going to have to get an attorney to fight this.. :( The only good thing is they got to see him finally after almost 3 months.

Edited by Love HSing

I'm so sorry. I'm thankful you are all able to find something positive in it. I pray that she is somehow able to get an attorney to help her. I can't believe a judge would not even allow her to speak on her own behalf. That is not what our founding fathers would have wanted when they set our whole justice system in place.