Menu

best natural deodorant

I made it with the oil and used a stick that was almost finished (what a coincidence). It is ready to go, so I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. I added a few drops of lavender oil. Thanks for tip that it might take time to get adjusted to. I'll let you know!

To add my 2 cents....I have used The Crystal for years and love it. I think it works amazingly well and I can go well over a year before I have to replace it. :)

I used to use the Crystal, until I had an allergic reaction and itched for a week. It was AWFUL! Now I can never use that stuff again. The pain was unbearable.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JamesSmith

Hi…

I read your post and really you have done a great effort, I think its one of the great deodorant but I have something to recommend you to use the same thing “Deodorant†I visit many sites and blogs most of the deodorant like but the problem they are not satisfy me but at last I visit this http://www.naturallyfreshdeodorantcrystal.com/ then this product satisfied me at every aspects of the product that’s why I said to all of u to use this and feel the differences.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

I just read an email from Dr. Mercola about this issue.

Read labels:

Natural products are not all the same:

Look for:

*** parrabin > is linked to breast cancer

***Some crystals have Alum * aluminum

Jason for men says it has neither. I just ordered it on Amazon.

• 2 years later...

That is what I use and LOVE it. I buy it in bulk (10 at a time or so) from vitacost.com. Alvera Aloe and Almonds!

I've been using this deodorant for years. Thinking there is no aluminum in it and turns out there is an ingredient that does have traces of aluminum in it. Time for me to find a new deodorant.

Alcloxa, found in Alvera all natural deodorant contains aluminum

I use the baking soda-coconut oil-cornstarch (or arrowroot) combination. I love it. If the temp of your bathroom is above 72 most of the time, I'd go lighter on the proportion of coconut oil.

I do not typically focus on whether my products are natural/organic. This combination simply works much better for me than store-bought (I've never tried crystal).

This is what we've used.  We mix equal parts baking soda and cornstarch, then add the coconut oil until nice consistency (it will harden up after it sits).  The only time this didn't work for me was when I had the postpartum sweats. :thumbdown:

Be careful of Tom's. I used the lavender scent and my entire underarm itched and swelled like I had poison ivy. :(

Same here. If you google it, it's relatively common (and not just with the lavender scent - I think the long-lasting ones tend to be more of a problem). And it doesn't work well for me from a smell perspective, either.

I've had the same problem with other natural deodorants as well - I want to say JASON does that to me. 

Burt's Bees spray-on deodorant worked pretty well for me, as far as store-bought goes.

I usually make my own with 1 part coconut oil, 1 part cornstarch, and 1 part baking soda. I pour it in an old deodorant tube and store it in the fridge. For traveling (since it isn't heat-stable), I just use regular old aluminum-containing deodorant/antiperspirant because of my overal horrible luck with "natural" ones.

I've been meaning to look up the aluminum issue for that one deodorant. I found this:

"Alcloxa has shown to be of low to medium concern, but it is mostly recognized in Japan and Canada as being somewhat toxic, but it does not have a bioaccumulative nature. There are only a couple studies on it, but it is not the same as aluminum as I understand it. So I don’t think there is much to worry about there." http://www.theholykale.com/2011/10/are-deodorants-safe/