Menu

Favorite shampoo .... hopefully economical

So what is your fav. shampoo for kids. My dd has particularly fine, greasy hair. Exotic is okay but I prefer something that is easy to get my hands on and inexpensive since she tends to go through stuff quickly.

Her scalp tends to smell even if I wash it. I just want a solution in a bottle, I don't want to make anything. I don't mind chemicals.

:bigear:

We used Burt's Bees Baby Bee shampoo for quite some time for dd. It's more expensive than, say, the cheap Johnson and Johnson crap that is full of all kinds of nastiness, but one bottle lasted forever for us. The reason we switched is that it began to dry out dd's hair a bit as she got older, but if your dd has greasier hair, maybe it'll work.

And it's not just for babies- I used it once in awhile, too. :001_smile:

Right now, we're using Alba's Hawaiian Shampoo and Conditioner for dd. It works great, and her hair looks wonderful. It's a little spendy, though- something like eight bucks each.

We used Burt's Bees Baby Bee shampoo for quite some time for dd. It's more expensive than, say, the cheap Johnson and Johnson crap that is full of all kinds of nastiness, but one bottle lasted forever for us. The reason we switched is that it began to dry out dd's hair a bit as she got older, but if your dd has greasier hair, maybe it'll work.

And it's not just for babies- I used it once in awhile, too. :001_smile:

Right now, we're using Alba's Hawaiian Shampoo and Conditioner for dd. It works great, and her hair looks wonderful. It's a little spendy, though- something like eight bucks each.

BB changed their formula so I no longer use them. Still really mad about it, too!

BB changed their formula so I no longer use them. Still really mad about it, too!

I noticed when they did that. We used it before and after. I did like the old formula better- the new stuff doesn't smell as good- but I'd still take their new formula over something full of chemicals.

I noticed when they did that. We used it before and after. I did like the old formula better- the new stuff doesn't smell as good- but I'd still take their new formula over something full of chemicals.

It was all about the smell for me. I still can't believe they did that. It was so good, so good.

DD12 uses the Garnier Fruitis or however it is spelled. It is cheap enough, and available everywhere. She has hard to wash hair. Dirt and oil really cling to her hair. I prefer a more natural shampoo, but they really do not do a good job on her hair, even if I am the one washing for her. She needs something with some gumption behind it. :0)

i use "kenra" shampoo and conditioner . i have used it for probably 20 years. can't buy in stores, but can buy at salons and online. i love it. its the only shampoo that doesn't make shampoo build up on my fine hair. before i found it, i had to keep changing my shampoos and never be able to finish the bottles because my hair looked so oily. i use the volumzing shampoo/ conditioneer.