Menu

I've been squirreling away money for so long...

KristenR

and spending so much time dreaming about new curriculum and resources I need and want.

Now that I finally have a decent sum to spend I can't recall what I want. I'm sitting here staring blankly at my computer screen. I'm sure a couple days ago I could have rattled off a gazillion things. Now that its time to purchase I can't think of a thing.

I know I NEED my next level on AAS, more Miquon books, stuff to start out on Singapore, and StartWrite.....

But I can't think of any of the extras I had in mind. I don't know why I don't write this stuff down somewhere. I just assume that 'of course it's important' so I'll naturally remember. :glare:

Anyway want to nudge me a certain way? :tongue_smilie:

Bah. Forget curriculum. What you need is some new audiobooks and pretty read alouds. :001_smile: If you don't mind some supernatural stuff I can't recommend Skulduggery Pleasant enough. We're listening to it right now and it is so cool! I read that it actually won some awards for audiobook of the year. Little Librarian loves her Harriet the Spy audiobook.

ETA: And some new art supplies. A few nice brushes, some acrylic paint, and some student grade canvases for art class.

Edited by aggieamy

For a K'r If I had a bunch of money and were "window shopping" I would start on Waldorf's website. I would also stock my closet with stuff like egg cartons, paper towel rolls, and what not. Perhaps a roll of butcher paper and some maps. Lots and lots of chalk!

I also have lists of books I want for read alouds, upcoming studies, and just to have, and I hit the thrift shops so that I can pick them up used.

Books. Your dc are young...you must have the entire and complete sets of Winnie-the-Pooh and Beatrix Potter. If you already have those...fairy tales, A Child's Garden of Verse....

Nice colored pencils. I like the triangular shaped colored pencils from Rainbow Resource for littles. They never break.

Books. Your dc are young...you must have the entire and complete sets of Winnie-the-Pooh and Beatrix Potter. If you already have those...fairy tales, A Child's Garden of Verse....

Nice colored pencils. I like the triangular shaped colored pencils from Rainbow Resource for littles. They never break.

A nice copy of James Herriot's Treasury for Children and The Secret Garden are also musts. The ones that have the beautiful illustrations in them. If you can find all of The Good Times Travel Agency books in hardback then do it - they'll be reread a million times.

For a K'r If I had a bunch of money and were "window shopping" I would start on Waldorf's website. I would also stock my closet with stuff like egg cartons, paper towel rolls, and what not. Perhaps a roll of butcher paper and some maps. Lots and lots of chalk!

I also have lists of books I want for read alouds, upcoming studies, and just to have, and I hit the thrift shops so that I can pick them up used.

What's the Waldorf website. I searched but didn't find it. I only found a section of the site called store where they sold calendars and t-shirts and greeting cards.

What's the Waldorf website. I searched but didn't find it. I only found a section of the site called store where they sold calendars and t-shirts and greeting cards.

I haven't bought their materials but I love their philosopy and how they look at the development of children.

http://www.whywaldorfworks.org/02_W_Education/pre_and_k.asp

http://www.whywaldorfworks.org/02_W_Education/child_development.asp

I also love Montessorri at that age.

http://www.amazon.com/Montessori-Play-Learn-Parents-Purposeful/dp/0517591820/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1318276423&sr=8-16

I really like making PreK and K fun and only doing as much book work as the child wants.

This is why I have a zillion Amazon wishlists, each for it's own grade or subject :tongue_smilie:

Yes! Also, I have found it extremely helpful to make a K-12 spreadsheet with subjects down one side and grades down the other. As I research and dream, I plug things in. As I read more and get closer, I dig deeper and amend as needed. I also keep a curriculum section in my master HS binder, where I have my spreadsheet, printed wish/price lists, printed samples to look over, etc. I will say, I have never had a problem spending money. :lol: My bigger problem is whittling down my wish list to a manageable size!

ETA: And sorry! No recommendations for K because we never did anything formal. Hopefully the info above can help prevent you from being unable to spend money in the future. :tongue_smilie: