Menu

AuntieM: So right after I write you about our house.......

our agent emails and says there is a showing tonight betwe 6 and 7pm.

Our lawn cutting guy had already called and said that he was cancelling today's cut, rake and mulch till Monday due to his being behind schedule.

So, I am putting mums all around, and making everything look a little more autumn-like -- you know, to fit in with all the leaves on the front and back lawn.:glare: This will probably be the last weekend we are on the market UNLESS this means the end of the three week lull we have had and things will get active again.:001_huh:

I hope things go well with the prospective buyers, but I'm wondering why you'd take it off the market now? I can understand the holidays not being a busy time for house sales, but from now up until then can be quite active. Some people want to be in the new home for the holidays. Don't give up! All it takes is one buyer. :)

I hope things go well with the prospective buyers' date=' but I'm wondering why you'd take it off the market now? I can understand the holidays not being a busy time for house sales, but from now up until then can be quite active. Some people want to be in the new home for the holidays. Don't give up! All it takes is one buyer. :)[/quote']

Having a house on the market CAN be stresful, wether or not you get viewings. It's difficult to keep it in "show" condition. Especially while homeschooling!

But don't give up. I hope you find a buyer!!

thank you and thank you. I am SO waiting for the one buyer! :D Maybe it's the people who are coming this evening.

Yes, at times it has been stressful -- but that would all be worth it if we would get a contract, kwim? ;) We don't have to sell but we want to sell so we can be closer to co-op and our friends and all the kids' activities -- we don't have any ties here to the town where we are -- it's just a nice town.

I can kind of keep everything the way it should be because I followed AuntieM's decluttering advice and we can go from disaster to dazzling in about 11 minutes -- truthfully. And the biggest disaster would only be that we have just awakened and the beds aren't made yet. So, in that sense, we are in good shape.

Fingers crossed that tonight's the night!

I will put some prayer in for tonight to be the buyer, if you will put some prayer in for my parents open house on Sunday. How's that for a deal? The market is just terrible back there. It is definitely not as bad here in CO.

Anyway, good luck Mariann!

our agent emails and says there is a showing tonight betwe 6 and 7pm.

Our lawn cutting guy had already called and said that he was cancelling today's cut, rake and mulch till Monday due to his being behind schedule.

So, I am putting mums all around, and making everything look a little more autumn-like -- you know, to fit in with all the leaves on the front and back lawn.:glare: This will probably be the last weekend we are on the market UNLESS this means the end of the three week lull we have had and things will get active again.:001_huh:

YA-HOOOOOEY!!!

I will be thinking of you then (time zone adjusted, of course!). Personally, I love the fall-leaves-and-mums motif. :D

Let us know how it goes!

I will put some prayer in for tonight to be the buyer, if you will put some prayer in for my parents open house on Sunday. How's that for a deal? The market is just terrible back there. It is definitely not as bad here in CO.

Anyway, good luck Mariann!

:cheers2: Deal!

Actually, I began praying for your parents to sell their home on Wednesday when you wrote that they were still in PA. Everyone here in the East can use prayers for a sale - the market is quiet. Hoping that tonight's showing is the beginning of another 'bump' like we had in July.

On another note, dh says YES, we will accompany him to CO Springs - he is planning his travel schedule right now. will keep you posted.

Good luck! And, ummm, where would I find her advice because I couldn't go from disaster to dazzling in 11 days, much less 11 minutes. :tongue_smilie:

Well, it took me about 4 weeks of decluttering and merciless throwing away of stuff to get to this point. AuntieM got me started -she's the best.

I hope the showing goes well tonight and that you get an offer! Our house was on the market for 4 years. We live 6 hours away. After our tenant moved out we had 4 weeks of nothing. Then, 3 showings in a week and a contract. We close in 21 days!

I will pray that tonight's showing is "the one."

YA-HOOOOOEY!!!

I will be thinking of you then (time zone adjusted, of course!). Personally, I love the fall-leaves-and-mums motif. :D

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you -- all good positive thoughts are incredibly appreciated.

Running out to Wegman's to get mums -- I have candles in the windows, real candles on the screened porch, dd12 is making pumpkin goody bags to put on our 'please buy our house' cookie and food spread we set up in the kitchen -- at least we will look festive and seasonal.

will keep you posted.

I hope the showing goes well tonight and that you get an offer! Our house was on the market for 4 years. We live 6 hours away. After our tenant moved out we had 4 weeks of nothing. Then, 3 showings in a week and a contract. We close in 21 days!

I will pray that tonight's showing is "the one."

Thank you and congrats to you!!!!!:D

I have clients whose house was on the market for exactly one year. They were trying to decide if they should take it off the market for fall and winter or keep it on until Thanksgiving. The sellers had basically lost hope. We hadn't had a showing in weeks, when I got a call for a showing for two days later. That was THE one. We close on Tuesday.

I hope and pray that these people are THE one for you too.

Thank you -- all good positive thoughts are incredibly appreciated.

Running out to Wegman's to get mums -- I have candles in the windows, real candles on the screened porch, dd12 is making pumpkin goody bags to put on our 'please buy our house' cookie and food spread we set up in the kitchen -- at least we will look festive and seasonal.

will keep you posted.

Might want to bake something with cinnamon or vanilla or both. :)

We have to show the lease house we are in because we are trying to get out a month early. Yesterdays showing was a no show, so we lost that afternoon for schooling. Today I have 2 back to back and am starting to get a bit stressed by our lack of schooling. On the flip side the kids have become power cleaners! ;)