Menu

Number bonds games

blondeviolin

They look cute but pretty simple, have you seen the one at Ambleside Primary? http://www.amblesideprimary.com/ambleweb/mentalmaths/numberbond.html

I haven't, but from the looks of it, it wouldn't be as exciting... We'll try it, though...

I've seen these and we do play A LOT of games with the bonds, but I'm specifically looking for computer games and/or apps for her to do on her own.

:bigear:

I just beta-tested an app called "Number Bonds" should be hitting the app store in a week or so. Very well done, thorough and flexible, but shouldn't cost more than $1-2 (guessing).

Fabulous! Can you post back when it hits, if you wouldn't mind? It's funny because just three weeks ago I had asked my husband to search for Number Bonds iPad apps and none of them thrilled me.

I just beta-tested an app called "Number Bonds" should be hitting the app store in a week or so. Very well done, thorough and flexible, but shouldn't cost more than $1-2 (guessing).

Exciting! I've thumbed through the current ones and they leave me thoroughly underwhelmed. :glare:

• 2 weeks later...

Jennifer - I was just wondering if this game was out yet, and if yes, do you have a link to it?

Thanks!

Hi Tammy,

It IS out now, and it turns out the price is only $0.99, it's pretty flexible and full featured, you can do number bonds up to a certain number (say all the bonds that add up to 10) OR you can select a range of number bonds (all the bonds for all the numbers up to 10 for example). There is a practice mode (flashcards) and a test mode.

It's a universal app, so you can use it on iPhone/iPod/iPad, and here's a direct link.

The colors/design might not be everyone's cup of tea - it's sort of dark/high contrast with brushed metal/robot arms themed, but it is very well done in any case :).