Menu

I met Danybug today!

By complete coincidence, we were at the same grocery store at the same time. Our kids sat & talked math for probably 30 min. :lol:

The worst part? She's one of the prettiest moms I've ever met. If I'd known I'd bump into her, I might have had the forethought to wear a hat. :lol:

So much fun! Can't wait to do it on purpose. :D

How funny that she runs into WTMer's so "randomly!" :D

"Be on the lookout for Danybug. She may be in YOUR neighborhood next!"

:lol::lol:

She sounds lovely. :D

:lol::lol: So funny -- she posted here two years ago saying that her family was going to obx in two days time to spend a week. It was their first visit there and she was asking about 'don't miss' stuff to do -- just so happened that we were going to be there the same week. Via the board, we learned we had rented homes that were one mile from each other. We exchanged phone numbers and arranged to meet on the beach -- it was september, the beach wasn't crowded, and we decided our question to any family we saw would be: 'Do you homeschool?' and that's how we would find each other. Suffice to say, we were the only two families on the beach. The kids had a great time -- they are just the nicest family -- I was so disappointed when they moved so far away. We were in OBX last week and my kids must have mentioned their family 9000 times.

It IS funny when one realizes that I drive by your house 400 times a week and you and I still haven't met IRL.

We met Danybug and her wonderful family two years ago in the Outer Banks -- we were staying a mile from each other and we had such a good time meeting up with them. The kids adored each other!:)

She mentioned that, & then I was really jealous!

She mentioned that, & then I was really jealous!

So funny -- I was so jealous when I realized you guys would both going to be in the same place. Last week, whenever we went past anyplace we had gone with them, the kids would point and say: "Last time, we went there with 'you know who' -- why aren't they here this time?"

Wait till yhou meet her parents -- omg, they are the BEST!

OMG! I have my own thread! :lol::lol::lol:

Pencil Pusher you are way to sweet! It was fabulous to meet your family! And you were adorable and looked beautifully pregnant! My dc bugged me the whole rest of the day to play with your kids that day. I thought it was crazy that of all the things to talk about the boys were talking math :glare:

So funny -- I was so jealous when I realized you guys would both going to be in the same place. Last week, whenever we went past anyplace we had gone with them, the kids would point and say: "Last time, we went there with 'you know who' -- why aren't they here this time?"

Wait till yhou meet her parents -- omg, they are the BEST!

You are a sweetheart Mariann! OBX was so fun, not only because I officially met my first WTMer, but because the kids loved each other! I am so jealous we could not meet up with you again this year. Funny how much of an impression the kids made on each other!

When I read what you wrote about my parents I almost cried. I guess I am super emotional missing them :tongue_smilie: But Pencil Pusher was totally jealous yesterday when I told her I had met you ;) Your a legend :D

Now, you have two people and a reason to come out and visit our state!!!!

You are a sweetheart Mariann! OBX was so fun, not only because I officially met my first WTMer, but because the kids loved each other! I am so jealous we could not meet up with you again this year. Funny how much of an impression the kids made on each other!

When I read what you wrote about my parents I almost cried. I guess I am super emotional missing them :tongue_smilie: But Pencil Pusher was totally jealous yesterday when I told her I had met you ;) Your a legend :D

Now, you have two people and a reason to come out and visit our state!!!!

OMG!!!! I am touched!!!!!! I cannot imagine how eager your parents are to join you - the RE market here stinks -- I will keep them in my prayers for a quick sale.

DH has a good friend and associate who is where you are -- THIS week the friend/associate is here in VA but I can definitely see us joining DH on a trip and we can all get together! (((hugs))) In fact, I will mention it to DH tonight.

OMG!!!! I am touched!!!!!! I cannot imagine how eager your parents are to join you - the RE market here stinks -- I will keep them in my prayers for a quick sale.

DH has a good friend and associate who is where you are -- THIS week the friend/associate is here in VA but I can definitely see us joining DH on a trip and we can all get together! (((hugs))) In fact, I will mention it to DH tonight.

OH!!! What fun that would be! Keep me posted.

On a side note, how was the OBX this year? Was there storm damage? I am sad we did not get down there again before we moved.

How funny that she runs into WTMer's so "randomly!" :D

"Be on the lookout for Danybug. She may be in YOUR neighborhood next!"

:lol::lol:

She sounds lovely. :D

:lol::lol:This was a good morning laugh for me! And thank you! I was actually the one who had the pleasure of meeting two totally fabulous ladies from here.

OH!!! What fun that would be! Keep me posted.

On a side note, how was the OBX this year? Was there storm damage? I am sad we did not get down there again before we moved.

I will keep you posted - it's an unbelievably real possibility.

DUCK and Corolla had a fair amount of standing water on the side of the roads -- which made the mosquitos ferocious. Everyone was talking about the mosquitos. :glare: As prolific as they were though, we did not get alot of bites -- go figure.

There was alot of STUFF blown around and not cleaned up yet -- I think they just don't have the manpower after Labor Day to manage a clean up project that large. The house we rented (in duck) had alot of stuff - smallish tree limbs, piles of leaves -- I typically wouldn't expect to see that much debris until the middle of winter -- NEVER in September/October. We didn't have anyone joining us, otherwise, I might have gone so far as to have the RE office send someone to clean/sweep/rake or I might have had our family get started on it. Other than that, I was really happy to see that Duck (since we had visited two years ago) has made alot of improvements in their little town - which makes me happy b/c it means that there is $$$ for this type of thing. Corolla looked great as well -- no empty stores (something that bothers me) -- all our old favorite shops were open and doing business.

Weddings and events have BOOMED as a business. With the economy being what it is, that is clearly a money-making endeavor on that little spit of land. Brochures all over the place for EVENT HOMES - signs in front of homes that a wedding would take place -- wedding cake advertisements, caterer advertisements, etc. We met a group on the beach in Duck our last day there that was there for Fri, Sat and Sun with the wedding taking place on Saturday. The day we arrived, as we drive to Corolla to go grocery shopping, we passed at least half dozen large large homes that had weddings going on. Have to give them credit -- it's a way to make $$$ and extend their season.

DH wants to go back for Thanksgiving week -- I haven't decided if we will yet - but I can see how amazingly relaxing last week was.

We DID miss you guys!:grouphug: