Menu

Great Wolf Lodge and Halloween?

Has anyone been to a Great Wolf Lodge for their "Howl-O-Ween"? Was it fun?

We don't want to be home on Halloween this year, and are pondering going to GWL. We're wondering if it will be empty, though, since Halloween falls on a Monday night.

Anyone been to GWL during a school week? Is there a reasonable sized group of kids there, or would we be dooming our kiddo to be the only school-age kid in the lodge?

What do you think?

We went a couple of years ago on a weeknight in October. It wasn't halloween, but close enough to it that they were still doing the Howloween activities. There weren't many people there, but that was ideal for us! No waiting in lines or nervousness about losing anyone in a crowd. Some of the employees were dressed in costumes throughout the lodge, and the kids could go trick or treating there. It was a lot of fun and I'd love to do it again at that time if we could.

We only go to ours midweek!! There are always a few other kids around but we love it emptier. :)

Ok Halloween there... it's very cute. Ours has a haunted castle. Pne end is for littles and one end is for the braver kids.

There's ToTing there. You'll probably do a scavenger hunt for it. Cute too. :)

They do a fabulous job of decorating for the holidays there!!

We're planning on heading to our local GWL in a couple of weeks. We're going with another friend and her 3 kids.

Has anyone been to a Great Wolf Lodge for their "Howl-O-Ween"? Was it fun?

We don't want to be home on Halloween this year, and are pondering going to GWL. We're wondering if it will be empty, though, since Halloween falls on a Monday night.

Anyone been to GWL during a school week? Is there a reasonable sized group of kids there, or would we be dooming our kiddo to be the only school-age kid in the lodge?

What do you think?

I've been during the school year, and there aren't as many people on a non-school night.

I just got an email this morning with discount code for the next 48 hours.

Promo Code: R48HOUR

Hurry, 48 Hour Sale ends Saturday,

October 8, 2011 at 1 p.m. (EDT).

When I accidentally clicked on the email, the Williamsburg Great Wolf came up so I don't know if that code will work at all of them or not. In a couple hours I'll probably get another email for the one in Charlotte. :)

My son loved the trick or treating there....We visited near halloween not on the actual night.

We always try to go weekdays to avoid huge crowds. Grapevine is always busier than Kansas City too. KC on a weekday in the school year is QUIET. Grapevine is bigger, newer, and better attended. Don't know where you live, but your kiddos will have a great time regardless when you go;)

I just got an email this morning with discount code for the next 48 hours.

Promo Code: R48HOUR

Hurry, 48 Hour Sale ends Saturday,

October 8, 2011 at 1 p.m. (EDT).

When I accidentally clicked on the email, the Williamsburg Great Wolf came up so I don't know if that code will work at all of them or not. In a couple hours I'll probably get another email for the one in Charlotte. :)

Yep. Now I have the one from Charlotte as well. Same code.

Yes - It was fun, (my DD won a costume contest!) - but busy.

Also - the lobby was done up with giant spiderwebs and spiders, and they had several workers dressed in 'scary' costumes which really frightened my little ones. So if you have younger kids - be prepared for that.