Menu

How do you put worksheets onto the iPad?

songsparrow

I've taken pictures with the iPad of worksheets and text pages (math) for my sons to work on when we aren't at home (i.e. if we are traveling and I don't want to carry the big books). Seems to work well. Of course, they can't complete the worksheets on the iPad, they use pencil and paper separately. HTH.

Jodie

What I did was scan the workbook page and save it as a PDF file on my computer. Then, having Dropbox installed on both the iPad and the computer, I would put that saved filed into Dropbox. Then I would open Dropbox on the iPad and, voila, there's the workbook page. Now in order to actually complete the page on the iPad, you need to have an app such as PDFexpert, which is the one we use. I believe iAnnotate could also be used, but I have no experience with that one. When you click on the workbook page in Dropbox, you have an option to open the file in certain programs. I select PDFexpert, and then my son can mark it up to his heart's content. He fills in the blanks using his stylus and emails the completed page back to me so I can check it. This works great for us because my son is often overseas with his dad for extended periods of time, but if he was at home I wouldn't think the effort of scanning, etc., would be worth it...unless the workbook was downloadable from the publisher in PDF format, such as Math Mammoth.

• 4 weeks later...

I got neu.annotate PDF, a FREE ipad app, and so far it's working quite well with MM. You have a bunch of tools and to add the docs, you just add the files to the list in iTunes under the iPad->apps->FileShare box. Easier than e-mailing and such. I've just started using it, so I'll post an update later.

Just another option for marking up worksheets (and save that $10). :D

I either scan & email it to myself or I'd I'm at my office where I have an epson wireless printer I use the epson print app to scan directly to iPad. I then use free app noterize to write on it. If it's something that can be typed on I use PDF expert.

I also take photos, convert to PDF with PDF converter @ open in noterize I'd I'm away from my computer & printer. This works well for things like taking notes at church where I receive a typed outline. In noterize u can add additional lined pages to add notes to file.