Menu

I'm stinkin' tired of dieting!!

Me too. I lost quite a bit but then just got so tired of thinking about food and counting calories and planning exercise and weighing food all the time that I just quit. I haven't gained any weight back, fortunately, but after 3 months I think I am finally starting to get in the mood again and able to tolerate being so focused on what I eat and do. I guess I learned a few things and made a few permanent changes because I haven't gained but it takes a certain mind set to be able to focus, focus, focus. And it is tedious and tiring.

I made tacos for dinner tonight with Spanish rice. Yum, yum! I didn't make queso dip, so that helps, but it's still not the best choice.

I've been doing a bunch of one step forward, two steps back. Sigh...

I think if I wasn't trying to be supportive of my sister, who has a lot more weight to lose than I do, I would have quit by now. It's good that I haven't, but I need to get motivated to actually follow the program!!

I was feeling exactly like this, really angry and above all, hungry.

I had an epiphany the day before last. I have been on the Cambridge diet and yes, I've lost about 6 pounds. But I've been miserable. Then I rang my mother.

My mother is not very tolerant of people with weight issues so every time we speak she "grills" over how much I weight, saying I look like a cow, blahh, blah, blah. I expected a similar tone of conversation this time, but no.

She was very kind and asked me to remember the things I use to do when I was thinner. How we used to joke with other people about what a famous Mexican actress once said on the telly about keeping slim by following the TLM diet. When questioned further the actress winked and replied "Traga La Mitad" (Swallow only half-of food that is!).:D Then mum went on to talk how I used to walk everywhere. "All you have to do is follow the same recipe you used to give to others and you will be back to your previous weight without crazy dieting!" mum said.

I felt comforted by this.:Angel_anim:

Right there with y'all. It was a very sobering day the day I realized I will never be able to NOT diet. What I mean is, even if I (ever) lose the weight I want to get rid of, I'll have to continue the planning and prepping and watchfulness, and forcing myself to exercise when I don't want to, just to KEEP the weight off. :glare:

It was so much easier to lose and maintain when exercise was part of my lifestyle. As a pp said, I used to walk a LOT. When I lived in the Chicago area and worked downtown, I walked *everywhere*. And since hubby and I didn't have a car when we first married, I walked 2 miles (one way) to the train station Every.Single.Day for MONTHS, except when the weather was too bad to do so, or I was running late and had to catch the bus. But then I'd walk several miles more when I got off the train at the other end, plus the workout at the fitness center where dh and I met after work 3x a week. Of course, that was all before kids, so quite different circumstances.

Growing up I lived on a farm, so plenty of natural exercise there, too.

I miss all that. I DESPISE having to get on a stupid treadmill or listen to some voice barking orders on the TV. It all just feels so "fake". :bored:

:grouphug::grouphug:

That is why I adore Weight Watchers, I can literally have anything as long as I don't go over my points. I would go crazy tracking calories and stuff

Oh, I'm on Weight Watchers. I love the program, but I'm tired of thinking about points all the time. And let's face it, there are still restrictions. I have to make choices. I want it all!! :tongue_smilie:

Edited by Rhonda in TX

• 2 weeks later...
I suck at dieting. Seriously.

I like food.

:glare:

:confused:

Me too. :glare:

I realize that I'll have to be on some kind of a diet for the rest of life, except when on vacation. Seriously. Whenever I relax and let go, all hell breaks loose. :glare: I love, love, love food ... :tongue_smilie: I also love to exercise and could do it for hours at a time, but once you reach my age, eating all you want AND working out just doesn't cut it anymore.

:grouphug: BTDT. I had to finally accept the fact that I *have* to exercise, so I found something I love and I do it every morning. This is after a lifetime of hating to workout. I also had to accept the fact that my body cannot tolerate too many simple carbs, so I still cook the things I love, I just have to eat smaller carb portions. Never do without the things you love, just eat less of them. :)