Menu

Math-U-See - books on backorder?

I visited the MUS website -- both sets of student materials that I need to order are on backorder.

I write an email asking when they will be available. I get a reply stating that if I call to place an order, they will provide a link for the first 3 weeks so we can get started right away. They also state that they will ship when the books become available. So, I wouldn't have even the teacher's materials. (They never answered my question.) :confused:

Is this "normal" for them? Is this how they routinely do business?

No it isn't. We have never had any trouble with them. When I have had questions in the past they were very helpful. They did have one of our books on back order before but it was just a few days longer then usual. I would call and talk with them. They may have a large volume of customers right now. It is only the 2nd year that they have been using a central office instead of regional sellers. So that may be the problem.

No it isn't. We have never had any trouble with them. When I have had questions in the past they were very helpful. They did have one of our books on back order before but it was just a few days longer then usual. I would call and talk with them. They may have a large volume of customers right now. It is only the 2nd year that they have been using a central office instead of regional sellers. So that may be the problem.

:iagree: Great customer service and company.

I got the same advice when I used online help. I cheaply pointed out that the website leads me to believe that shipping will be higher if I order over the phone. I ended up buying the student pack from someone on ebay, and the teacher pack from someone here. This was for the Epsilon books.

Speaking of which.... are you looking for Alpha, Beta or Gamma? :D

Never have had a problem with them. In fact, this year part of what I needed was out of stock, but shipped with everything anyway. I must say that the use of a central office vs. regional reps has made the whole process much faster. I had my order about 3 days after placing it, not the 10 to 15 days it took in the past.

Perhaps the good news is that it is a curriculum in high demand!

• 2 weeks later...

I found Epsilon used here. :)

I found the manipulatives gently used from homeschool classifieds. :)

I ordered Algebra 1 new from MUS. They sent me a link for the first 3 lessons. They are expecting to have the out-of-stock materials to me before we're done with the 3 lessons. (I don't know if shipping is different if you order by phone or online, but the shipping was $10.95!! :001_huh: )

• 2 weeks later...